Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming

Associate
Hi All,

I was having problems with my new build on this mobo, primarily with boot times in to Windows 10. I was expecting more of a challenge to fix this but by just updating the bios to revision 5 from the gigabyte website, I got the following improvements... you can view last bios time by pressing alt+ctrl+del and navigating to the "Start-up" tab.

Last BIOS time: 25.9 (before bios update)
Last BIOS time: 10.4 (after bios update)
Last BIOS time: 9.3 (after bios update)

I ended up installing Windows 10 twice yesterday thinking I had done something wrong with the initial install on my Samsung 960 NVMe device.... fun! :)

Associate
Shot in the dark but some devices can hang up your POST. I was using a Steelseries Xai that the machine saw as 5 USB hubs instead of a single pointing device and I used to take like 15-20 seconds to post. Swapped to a Zowie FK1 and now I post in 2 to 3 seconds. Just throwing it out there. The same piece of hardware can affect different motherboards in different ways. Might want to try different USB devices to eliminate a possible issue.

Associate
OP
Running F5 , 7.8 from last, same mobo. I guess anything under 10 should be fine? Are you using ultra/fastboot?

I tried ultra fast today and it actually made my boot slower... I guess I need to fiddle with the settings of it.

Shot in the dark but some devices can hang up your POST. I was using a Steelseries Xai that the machine saw as 5 USB hubs instead of a single pointing device and I used to take like 15-20 seconds to post. Swapped to a Zowie FK1 and now I post in 2 to 3 seconds. Just throwing it out there. The same piece of hardware can affect different motherboards in different ways. Might want to try different USB devices to eliminate a possible issue.

I will have a play around :)

Associate
I tried ultra fast today and it actually made my boot slower... I guess I need to fiddle with the settings of it.

I will have a play around :)

I get some variance too, but I think thats only after I've been tinkering with bios

Sprinkles also had a good point, might have to try that myself, got my 2 monitors usb'd in for their 4 usb ports each which I never use etc

Associate
OP
I get some variance too, but I think thats only after I've been tinkering with bios

Sprinkles also had a good point, might have to try that myself, got my 2 monitors usb'd in for their 4 usb ports each which I never use etc

I have two displayport connected monitors and if I power down my system and turn it on, I get no bios/post screen, they are just black until I get in to windows.

However, if I restart my PC.... boom, I get a post/bios image and then load in to Windows. Can't figure it out for the life of me, o well!

Associate
I have two displayport connected monitors and if I power down my system and turn it on, I get no bios/post screen, they are just black until I get in to windows.

However, if I restart my PC.... boom, I get a post/bios image and then load in to Windows. Can't figure it out for the life of me, o well!

Is keyboard active? Cant get into BIOS by just smashing del with the screens off? I've had that happen on an old rig and could get into bios that way

Associate
I think (i'd have to check) that i'm running F3 but my boot times are pretty quick. I've never upgraded a board's bios before - is there anything I need to be wary of?

Associate
OP
Is keyboard active? Cant get into BIOS by just smashing del with the screens off? I've had that happen on an old rig and could get into bios that way
Havnt tried! Keyboard is active on a cold boot after a night off but I havnt tried to get in to the BIOS.

I think (i'd have to check) that i'm running F3 but my boot times are pretty quick. I've never upgraded a board's bios before - is there anything I need to be wary of?
Gigabytes own software has a tool you can use. If you have no issues, I wouldn't upgrade personally :)

Associate
Just slightly off tangent if anyone was having problems with their fans running at full tilt with this board the latest F6 bios seems to have fixed that issue (for me anyway.

Associate
Hi All, I have this motherboard with the F4 BIOS, can you tell me whether the F7 Bios is good....And if anyone has overclocked there 8600K any settings with regards to vcore would be greatly appreciated for a 4.8Ghz overclock. I can get stable just by typing in 48 and leaving everything else in auto but it would be great to see what sort of vcore settings you are getting away with...

Associate
Just a quick update. I have moved to the F6 Bios whih seems to be working fine. I have overclocked to 4.8GHz by changing to a 48 multiplyer and have left everything else in auto. This runs very stable across P95, RealBench and Intel XTU with good temps. Idles at mid to high 20 degrees and load at mid to high 60's. The Vcore which I check in Hardware Info max's at 1.264v and the MosFet VRM's hit around 60 degrees during load. It would be great if any owners can post there settings here for stable overclocks on the Gigabyte Ultra Gaming...

Associate
Further update. 8600K now upto 4.9GHz with a vcore at 1.296v stable across P95 26.6, RealBench and Intel XTU...Temps still very good now hitting 75 degrees at max load under stress testing...I think the was when XTU does the AVX test...I have a offset AVX by 2..

Associate
Noted Z370 here too, I5 8600k what method did you use to update the BIOS? I've done it once many years ago so I consider myself very much a new comer to BIOS updating
BTW I've got a slow Boot too Grrrrrrr.
Any help will be much appreciated

Caporegime
USe Qflash which you will find in the BIOS.

So basically,

• Get BIOS
• Extract BIOS from the folder and stick on a USB stick
• Restart PC and hit DEL to enter BIOS.
• Select Qflash in the BIOS
• Point it at the file on the USB stick
• Let it do its thing, it will restart the PC after
• Go back into the BIOS and set your options (XMP, boot options etc) as you like them.
• Save+Exit.

Caporegime
You can download the same BIOS if you need be and reflash it if you want to roll backwards, thats no problem.

Or if you mean your settings in the BIOS then Im not sure, you can certainly save the current BIOS profile to the BIOS or a USB stick, but I dont actually know if you can load a profile from one BIOS version to another, might be able too but im not 100% sure.

Associate
Thanks again, I worry in case I screw it up & end up without a BIOS.

Will I lose the saved profiles provided by OCUK, that's my main concern the rest I can sort out myself (I hope) :)

Caporegime
Theres a backup BIOS for any potential balls up.

Yes the profile will be lost (wiped clean) so make a note of everything (take images etc) and so you can put them back.

Unless you save the OcUK profile to a USB stick and maybe load it back on after (this im not 100% sure about being a profile from one BIOS version to another).

Back
Top Bottom