Gigabyte z370 gaming 7 post code 66?

Associate
Yes, sorry forgot to mention that I'm using the latest F5M BIOS. Running XMP works but is locked at 3600 since higher speeds are yet to be ratified by JEDEC I think?

Associate
On a slightly side tracked note: If there's a future revision of the Z370 Gaming 7 board, might want to consider redesigning the plastic cover on the bottom (covers audio section) :D. It interferes with the mounting of the Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 11GB WATERFORCE WB Xtreme Edition. I had to remove (very easy) the plastic shroud in order to get the GPU to fit. No clearance issues on my old Asus Maximus VII Formula though. Didn't try other GPUs so could be the Waterforce has a deeper back panel plate with more protrusion?

Associate
No sorry, I meant a photo of your actual memory showing the label, it's so we can test the exact same version you are running. Sometimes the IC chips are different even if it is the same model.

Associate
Picture of RAM serial as requested:
Corsair%20DDR4%204000%20CMK32GX4M2F4000C19.jpg

Associate
Ive got the 66 code too , and i appear to be getting some sound issues as in watching you tube/ twitch the sound starts to go out of sync , the longer it goes on the worse it gets , only fix is to reboot . Could my issues be related to the code 66 ?

Associate
I too have just got back from work and have also just noticed that i have the 66 post boot. i have only noticed this today but so far having no issues regarding, Have not updated bios too F5h still running m version but from what i have seen here no reason to update it just yet. this is with 4x8gb sticks@3000

Associate
Anyone else find the latest F5 BIOS isn't as happy with OC RAM timings as F5m? I can't get XMP to work (3600) with F5 but was fine on F5m. Reverted to F5m and XMP Profile working again.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Why change if its working fine ^^^^

If your system is stable and your not 100% sure a feature in a newer bios will fix an issue you have. Never change. A new bios is not an upgrade. ...

Associate
Just wanted to reply about the code 66, if the system does go into Windows and works fine there is no issue. The code 66 just means the CPU posted up the code while running boot checks, I have been told this is nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom