Gigabyte z77-D3H or MSI Z77A-G45

Soldato
Well the MSI G43 has locked voltage...so someone might need to double-check if G45 is not voltage locked as well.

But to be honest, I'd just grab the Gigabyte since it's already been proven to be a great budget board, and has UK rma base should anything unfortunate happens...

Associate
Gigabyte for 6 years now, very happy with their motherboards. I would choose the MSI because it's a nicer colour, has better SATA layout, and more power cooling. Also people seem happy with MSI boards. The lack of a PCI slot would be the only deal breaker for me as I still have a PCI audigy 2ZS.

Associate
OP
The D3H is a great board for its price theres no denying that.

And i know it comes down to a personal build and preference, if someone is never going to crossfire or sli or use any of the extra epansions slots of the g45 then it would be best to get gigabyte, but if they were to sli/crossfire and would use expansion slots in future g45 would be best?

but say if someone had £84 didn't know if they would crossfire/sli in future, didnt know if they would need expansion slots in future

would you not prefer to spend your money on the board that would allow those capabilities to you in the future should you want to take advatange of extra expansion slots?

Associate
Very lame, don't see why it would say OC Genie on it and have locked voltage though. Can't seem to find out if it has locked though, can't see one single review about it.

Back
Top Bottom