Gigabyte z87x ud4h USB standby power

Associate
Hi all. Just swapped out an old p45 mobo on my studio of for my old gigabyte board. I'm noticing that all my usb devices are powered when the pc is shutdown. I have done a fair amount of googling, some suggest there might be a jumper to choose between the 5vsb (standby bus) and the standard 5v bus but I can't see any on the board or talk of it in the manual. I have also looked through the bios but not seen anything.

They do have some gimmick about being able to charge phones when the pc is off, I tried to download the on/off charge app but it doesn't seem to want to run on w10.

It's doing my nut in now lol, any ideas?

Associate
http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-UD4H-rev-1x#support-dl
I assume your board is rev 1 cant see another rev, I think your manual states where to check this on board. I cant see a bios option in manual which is strange, think Asus tend to use bios for this but never owning a Gigabyte, I cant really check.
The above link shows software which should be windows 10 compatible.
It says you need to
install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 first before install APP Center utility.
install APP Center before On/Off Charge™ / On/Off Charge
install On/Off Charge™ / On/Off Charge

Forgive me if you already have done this, if you have already done this, have you tried running the software in compatibility mode fore windows 7 or 8?

Edit - also is your bios the newest version, maybe they added bios support for usb at a later date.

Associate
OP
Hey mate, thanks for the reply!

Not sure what rev the board is, but as you say it seems to default to rev1. I don't recall installing the .net framework so unless it has installed itself via Windows update then that could be the issue I guess :)

Bios is latest, and I think I tried running in compatibility mode so fingers crossed its the .net thing - will try tonight. Thanks again :)

Associate
OP
http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-UD4H-rev-1x#support-dl
I assume your board is rev 1 cant see another rev, I think your manual states where to check this on board. I cant see a bios option in manual which is strange, think Asus tend to use bios for this but never owning a Gigabyte, I cant really check.
The above link shows software which should be windows 10 compatible.
It says you need to
install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 first before install APP Center utility.
install APP Center before On/Off Charge™ / On/Off Charge
install On/Off Charge™ / On/Off Charge

Forgive me if you already have done this, if you have already done this, have you tried running the software in compatibility mode fore windows 7 or 8?

Edit - also is your bios the newest version, maybe they added bios support for usb at a later date.

no good :( tried to install the .net framework package last night but it said it was already included in the windows install blah blah blah.

Tried to run the on/off app installer but it failed once again :( so annoying having to reach around the back of the PC to turn off the PSU, what were gigabyte thinking!

Back
Top Bottom