Gigaworks T40 SII replacement power adapter question

Associate
I'm pretty sure the power supply has had it, I've had these speakers about 10 years. I need a replacement 27V 1.7A power supply.

On the marketplace I can see a seller advertising one specifically for the Gigaworks T20 which I'm certain uses the same power supply. But the seller lists it as:

"Output: DC 27V - 2A; // Safely compatible for 2.0A,1.75A,1.5A,1.0A,0.75A,0.5A as amperage isn't forced."

So it does 1.75A not the 1.7A that I know this speaker uses. Do you think this will be a problem? I've tried to ask the seller but they don't reply.

Soldato
Assuming correct connector that'll work.
Same voltage and at least needed current output capacity are the important things.
Though of course if you use 20A capable supply for 2A load, efficiency will be worser than on better sized power supply.

Associate
OP
Thanks yes the connector looks good.

Original:
Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 1.2A
Output: 27V 1.7A

Marketplace seller's picture is blurry I think it says:
Input: 100-240V AC ~ 2.0A 50/60Hz
Output: DC 27V 2A

Spoke to Creative's live chat a bit earlier and they have a Replacement Parts website where it's a tenner more inc delivery. The site didn't show up in my earlier searches wierdly.

Associate
What is wrong with the T40? Why did you say the psu is faulty?
The T40 will work with 12 volts psu as long as the polarity on the output is correct and the plug fits, you can use this to check if the speaker is working (12v 2A external HDD psu).
If your into diy you can make a replacement psu for less than a tenner.

Soldato
Made in China 2006...
If it's used one I wouldn't be anymore sure about state of it.
These brick power supplies are just super bad for providing capacitors endurance friendly ambient temperature.
And Creative's original power supply might well have lower ripple than what's standard in those as new.
(AV applications usually don't like ripple at all)

Back
Top Bottom