Ginger haired people bullied?

Associate
Where does it all originate from anyway as I don't think it really exists in the states, well that's a big sweeping generalisation but i get the impression it doesn't, more a Uk thing. I'm guessing a lot of it started back in the times of Henry VII and all the various battles between royalty - such as Mary queen of Scots - some of which were red heads, some nasty smear champaign going on?

I also thing that maybe having pale skin could associate you with looking ill as most people like to get a sun tan to some degree, i guess it's just a minority thing again.

Soldato
My ginger mate usually does the bullying/harsh banter. If they sit there and take it, it's their own fault. Should learn to give some back.

Not always the best answer for someone that's being bullied. I would say in most cases if a bully gets a reaction, he'll continue bullying.

Permabanned
Not always the best answer for someone that's being bullied. I would say in most cases if a bully gets a reaction, he'll continue bullying.

No, a lot of bullies continue because the person they're harassing doesn't stand up for themselves. If you fight back and give as good as you take they'll stop.

Man of Honour
I also thing that maybe having pale skin could associate you with looking ill as most people like to get a sun tan to some degree, i guess it's just a minority thing again.

It depends what point in history you're talking about, for quite a long time a pale skin was desirable because it was used as an indication of social class i.e. if your skin was pale then you didn't need to work outdoors as the peasants did. There used to be all manner of weird and wonderful methods of lightening peoples skin tones - one of the worst being white lead powder, which was easily absorbed into the skin causing lead poisoning and in a terrible vicious circle it also ate away at the users skin causing them to have to apply thicker and thicker layers to disguise the ravages of the powder on their face. Now it's viewed by many as desirable to have a suntan - funny how times change.

Soldato
No, a lot of bullies continue because the person they're harassing doesn't stand up for themselves. If you fight back and give as good as you take they'll stop.

:confused: I totally disagree but that's life... :p Kids get bored easily, and if they don't get a reaction, they'll move onto something else.

Caporegime
:confused: I totally disagree but that's life... :p Kids get bored easily, and if they don't get a reaction, they'll move onto something else.

Were you bullied as a child?

IME the best way of stopping someone bullying you isn't to ignore it or tell a teacher... Unfortunately it is to make sure they don't want to do it again, which generally means physical pain...:(

Soldato
Were you bullied as a child?

IME the best way of stopping someone bullying you isn't to ignore it or tell a teacher... Unfortunately it is to make sure they don't want to do it again, which generally means physical pain...:(

I wouldn't say I was bullied, maybe for a week or so a kid tormented me, I just completely ignored him and he gave up and moved on.

Maybe I'm not the best person to give an opinion if I haven't been seriously bullied...

Caporegime
Because we didn't enslave an entire race of gingers like we did with others.

KaHn

When did we enslave Indians or Pakistanis?:p

(I say Indians as well because most people who call people "pakis" are idiots and don't appear to know the difference anyway...)

I don't get the "hate" for ginger people either. I find a lot of Ginger haired girls HOT!

Back
Top Bottom