1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gingerbread on desire

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by deano, 20 Feb 2011.

1. deano

Wise Guy

Hi,

what gingerbread rom are people using on there desire (not HD) looking to re-flash from froyo :)

thanks

2. reefoid

Wise Guy

Most people on here are using either Oxygen (my choice) or Cyanogenmod. Pop into the Desire thread for more info.

3. sorn21

Mobster

I've jumped ship over to GingerVillian, it's been superb so far and much more stable than Oxygen.

4. bulb66

Wise Guy

Hi,

Just out of interest, for those who seem to install new ROMs alot, how do you manage your apps?

I mean do you download and install them from the market all over again each time or do you have the apk files stored somewhere?

Thanks

J

5. Fallen god

Soldato

Back them up using and app like Mybackup Pro, if your rooted it makes life really easy backs up everthing with a few clicks and resorts everything with a click or two aswell, real life saver.

6. deano

Wise Guy

Hi

thanks for the replies i'll take a look at the desire thread, was going to post in there but thought a separate could be better.

thanks

7. monkeysmith

Hitman

I'm using GingerVillian, find that more reliable than Oxygen. Was having to hard reset the phone most nights as it crashed using Oxygen during the night, would wake up and find the phone in a reboot loop. Never had an issue with GV.

I use Titanium Backup - free from marketplace. Create a backup of all apps and data, wipe, install rom, install titanium backup then resotre all apps and date. Fairly pain free process.

8. Verbium

Hitman

+1 for Cyanogenmod 7 RC1. Been using it a couple of days and it's much more responsive than CM 6.1!

9. Super Tigers

Wise Guy

RC1 works very well on my crappy old GT540, so it must run very quickly on the Desire's faster cpu.