Girls who can’t handle their drink!

Caporegime
For those who are wondering why there are cameras in cubicles, the answer is simple: Cocaine.

Establishments have taken to using CCTV in cubicles to combat drug users. Bars/Pubs/Clubs get massive fines if found to have drugs within. Users get thrown out and that's it.

Soldato
Fair query, but these things do happen. For instance, there's a pub near me where there is a camera next to the men's urinals which has a feed to a screen in the women's toilets [yes, I've been in both]. No idea why.

Uhhh... what? You need to ask the barman what the hell that's all about! Why do the women want a screen showing the men having a slash? :confused:

Edit; I get why there are cameras in loos (as above) but I mean broadcasting the mens loos to a screen in the ladies. Serious wierd.

Man of Honour
For those who are wondering why there are cameras in cubicles, the answer is simple: Cocaine.

Establishments have taken to using CCTV in cubicles to combat drug users. Bars/Pubs/Clubs get massive fines if found to have drugs within. Users get thrown out and that's it.

Is it legal? I don't understand how it could be legally acceptable to monitor people going to the toilet. What about privacy, and can you imagine the potential misuse of the footage? :eek:

If this is true, then to my mind it represents the line being crossed re: the use of CCTV.

Caporegime
Is it legal? I don't understand how it could be legally acceptable to monitor people going to the toilet. What about privacy, and can you imagine the potential misuse of the footage? :eek:

If this is true, then to my mind it represents the line being crossed re: the use of CCTV.

No idea. There's probably some clause about it being behind (despite only just) the lavatory it self or something. (i.e. no frontal)

I don't know. All I do know is the places I worked at (as a doorman) did this specifically because of drug use and wanted it to be stopped. The bar I worked at had a £2,500 fine slapped on them because someone was selling some pills, but all the punters ever got was thrown out. :)

Permabanned
quagmire3865.jpg

Soldato
It is staged - It's a government advert, but the point's the same. I've been in that state once or twice. I still regret being that out of control now. :(

Meh, it happens, until you get to that state once (or twice.. or a few times during uni... ahem) you don't really know what your limits are.

I now can't even manage many drinks without feeling like I'm done or bored of drinking before getting drunk - whereas I strongly remember being a fresher and wondering why people don't go out every night, thinking how fun it was to get trollied.

There are exceptions now - I have one or two friends who are brilliant drinking partners, we start on a weekend afternoon and go on into the night, talking rubbish and generally getting amusingly drunk so that it hurts a bit the next day. It's been a while though, why do people have to move away :(

Soldato
Uhhh... what? You need to ask the barman what the hell that's all about! Why do the women want a screen showing the men having a slash? :confused:

Edit; I get why there are cameras in loos (as above) but I mean broadcasting the mens loos to a screen in the ladies. Serious wierd.
Its so they can check out a grainy vid of your wang and make their mind up if they want it.

Permabanned
It is scary, girls I know, love the fact they can drink as much as men, not exactly great when you go to a club and most of the girls are drunk beyond belief and cant even talk, makes you think, prefer the pub now more of a chilled atmosphere and you dont see girls in a a rush to down 3 shots in 10 seconds.

Permabanned

Dont talk wet, what a load of rubbish, CCTV to catch people taking cocaine in toilets, its their to use when fights occur and to catch people who have caused fights, so you are telling me that a club will employ a bouncer to sit and watch the monitors of the toilets then send in bouncers when someone is taking cocaine?

Its not even legal for a start to have then viewing whats going on in a cubicle so to stop a £2,500 fine they will be happy to be shut down for invasion of privacy, think how many women and men could sue for being filmed if it every got out.

Last edited:
Associate

You dont have a clue what you are on about. I have not been in a single pub, bar or club in Brighton, London, Bristol or anywhere else I have been that has CCTV in the toilets. The only things places do to combat cocanie use in toilets is have slanted surfaces, really course surfaces, regular bouncer checks etc.

Plenty of people get thrown out of clubs for posession without the police ever being notified. In fact, I dont think I've ever seen known the police to be notified, even when bouncers have caught people dealing inside.

Besides all that, it would be highly illegal to film people on the toilet, I would have thought that would be pretty bloody obvious.

Back
Top Bottom