give me strength, train information..

Associate
So im trying to find some simple information about train departures ect and attempting to use the national rail enquires site.....:eek:

Im dying here .

So can somone give me some help.

Where can i find the trains leaving Bethnal green station?

More specific where can i find the nearest station near Enfield that goes "Directly" to bethnal green, as i am certain there is one but so far i been told i need to go around the houses and use about 5 differant busses by google...:rolleyes:

plz help lol

Consigliere
As it is part of the Oyster thingy, there isn't train times just like the underground service.

The typical off-peak service from the station is:
8tph (trains per hour) to London Liverpool Street
4tph to Chingford fast to Hackney Downs then all stations
2tph to Cheshunt fast to Hackney Downs then all stations via Seven Sisters
2tph to Enfield Town all stations via Seven Sisters

Wiki. :)

I think anyways. :o

Where exactly are you travelling to and from?

Associate
OP
So been looking at this the wrong way it seems.

Bethnal green is the closest station to where i want to go...BUT its underground....meaning i have to go around the houses in order to get there so i going to scrap that idea as i cant see that going very well.

So its overground station instead....London Fields closest next station, funny enough with all of todays apps and such there is no app that i have (i got about 4 differant train ones too) that gives overground train information:eek:

or is there a overground train app?

Associate
It's not a London Overground line, it's a national rail line (operated by Greater Anglia) so should be included in that app.

London Overground services are included in all TFL stylee apps :)

Associate
OP
yer TFL is useless atm,

All i want to do is go from Enfield to London Fields, cant i just go straight from station to station like my Yellow pages says?

I given up on apps as they telling me all kinds of rubbish with this route ie i need to take a buss to picadilly line--.--

Soldato
More specific where can i find the nearest station near Enfield that goes "Directly" to bethnal green

Edmonton Green/Silver Street - used to get the train from there to work in the city and it stops at Bethnal Green so I'm guessing you could get a train from Enfield Town?

http://www.fixmytransport.com/routes/london/enfield-town-to-london-liverpool-street

I assume that's still valid, been a while since I lived there. worst case scenario you change at Edmonton and get the train to Bethnal Green if it's not direct. That route goes through London Fields too apparently. You might be better off just popping into the train station and asking, they'll be able to tell you in seconds.

Last edited:
Associate
Possible alternative route - go from enfield chase to finsbury park (line is running i just came back this way) then get picadilly to holborn then change to central for bethanal green

Associate
OP
Although...

Engineering works between Liverpool Street and Seven Sisters, until Monday. So no service on that part of the line this weekend.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.html

Could explain the results you're getting?

turning into a right nightmare this so called simple travel route..

It seems theres engineering going on which is affecting overground stations through London Fields so

This means a lot of busses, or try avoiding them using the underground stations but still requires a silly amount of changes, around 1+hours to get to what should have been a simple route....

Any ideas of other ways to get from London Fields to Enfield area? (i might be able to get to destination but getting back il have to use public transport so no escape...)

Possible alternative route - go from enfield chase to finsbury park (line is running i just came back this way) then get picadilly to holborn then change to central for bethanal green

**edit** wont work.....

Best option so far is Bus from St Thomas`s square to finsbury park to enfield chase..or vice versa....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
lol not a option/too exspencive

I think the St Thomas option bus then finsbury park rail to enfield chase is my best bet, just hope finsbury park is running good service tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom