Glass Polish recommendations

Associate
Morning All. I need some advise/recommendations for a good glass polish. My missus decided to give the oven a good clean at the weekend but used the scouring side of the sponge on the glass door (i advised not to) and now its all hazy with lots of micro-scratches. Would this be easily polished out? If so any recommendations on what i should use would be great.

Associate
Morning All. I need some advise/recommendations for a good glass polish. My missus decided to give the oven a good clean at the weekend but used the scouring side of the sponge on the glass door (i advised not to) and now its all hazy with lots of micro-scratches. Would this be easily polished out? If so any recommendations on what i should use would be great.
Use jeweller's rouge bar, that should do the trick.

Soldato
I can't see how the scouring side of a sponge is going to scratch an oven door glass. I use wire wool on the glass when I need to and it's still in perfect condition.

I'd definitely double check if isn't a layer of grease that has built up.

Soldato
Wife said she feels better now that she know there are wimmin out there like her.

I have told her to NEVER wash the car. Now I struggle she says can I help - NO never. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I can't see how the scouring side of a sponge is going to scratch an oven door glass. I use wire wool on the glass when I need to and it's still in perfect condition.

I'd definitely double check if isn't a layer of grease that has built up.

Some scouring pads are abrasive and will scratch glass quite easily as they have abrasive particles bonded to it.

Best thing I found for cleaning glass oven doors is a razor blade. Spray on some oven degreaser then in 20 mins or so scrape all the gunk off.

Back
Top Bottom