Glorious PC Gaming Race GMMK keyboards

OcUK Staff
I must have been napping as these seem to have come out of nowhere? Does anyone know much about them? Who is the OEM?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/peripherals/keyboards?ckSuppliers=692&sSort=1&ckTab=0
They've been sold direct in the US for a few months now.

@NikTheSHNIK might be able to answer you.

Cheers Glanza.

I don't know who the OEM is for the boards.

Caseking have had ANSI boards for a while, I've held off until ISO layout were available before bringing them in.

Permabanned
Glorious PC Gaming Race.

Well fleck me, if we're not scraping the bottom of the barrel of naming convention.

What's next, the patriotic immigration Brexit case? We take cool fresh air/immigrants in the front, use them up and exhaust/brexit them out the back. Our silent fans/convenient immigration policy sounds so good as we thought it that inline with out naming convention we would just thrust it upon you until you accept it....
Though we know you will never accept such a terrible name as Brexit Case or.....Glorious PC Gaming Race....haha :D Glorious PC Gaming Race. :D:D:D

Soldato
OP
Glorious PC Gaming Race.

Well fleck me, if we're not scraping the bottom of the barrel of naming convention.

What's next, the patriotic immigration Brexit case? We take cool fresh air/immigrants in the front, use them up and exhaust/brexit them out the back. Our silent fans/convenient immigration policy sounds so good as we thought it that inline with out naming convention we would just thrust it upon you until you accept it....
Though we know you will never accept such a terrible name as Brexit Case or.....Glorious PC Gaming Race....haha :D Glorious PC Gaming Race. :D:D:D

They have been going for nearly 5 years now... not a new company. Was meant to be a bit of an in-joke.

OcUK Staff
I have the TKL version coming down soon with Gateron browns, happy to provide as much info as possible on it when it shows up.

I should also have a sample turning up in which I make some lucky vict.. (ahem) volunteer... spend a morning building me a new keyboard :)

Will make a video about it, or at least a time lapse and see what their reactions are to the building and the keyboard.

Any indication when the TKL 80% will be in stock?

Ordered more today, should be here within 2 weeks. Brexit notwithstanding.

Glorious PC Gaming Race.

The name derives from the "PC Master Race" meme/Reddit (not sure which was first). Due to German law they had to edit the name a bit otherwise they wouldn't have been able to sell in certain territories!

I do agree though, I'd have gone with a different name rather than shoehorning in the reference.

Associate
So I just got mine this evening and put it all together. I am using temporary keycaps on it as the ones that I did order have not yet arrived.

Coming from Cherry MX Browns, the Gateron Browns have a distinctly different feel to them. The bump feels a bit more pronounced on Gateron compared to Cherry, which is a nice feature if you are after the tactile bump. I actually have some Halo Clears on order as I prefer the feel of MX Clears.

The lighting effects on the keyboard are very fun. I like the "loading" lights that it does when you first plug it in.

The entire case feels very sturdy to hold and has a fair bit of weight to it. The "floating" design for the switches make it quite interesting as there is no frame around the switches to add more weight/bulk which all makes for one very compact keyboard.

Putting in the switches was more of a graft than I thought it would be, but once you get into the swing of things it goes quite quickly. @NikTheSHNIK be glad you can find a "willing volunteer" to do this for you :p. I'm please to report that the stabilisers that they are using in serial number 201812 come lubed as standard, which gets rid of the horrible racket that they made on the older models from the video reviews that I saw. This saves you a 30 minute job really and the whole thing feels fluid.

I'm not sure what else to say about this keyboard really. If you have used mechanical keyboards in the past then you more or less know what you are in for. I look forward to trying out the pudding caps for more sweet RGB effects to come through the keys but that's about it. I'm actually typing this all up on the keyboard to get a good idea on how the switches feel and the overall feel of the keyboard itself. The only negative thing that I've noticed so far is the rubber feet are a bit lackluster and it is currently sliding around on the desk a little bit as I type. If you have a desk mat/surface thing then I would imagine it would move around a lot less.

if you have any queries for me let me know! :D

OcUK Staff
So I just got mine this evening and put it all together. I am using temporary keycaps on it as the ones that I did order have not yet arrived.

Coming from Cherry MX Browns, the Gateron Browns have a distinctly different feel to them. The bump feels a bit more pronounced on Gateron compared to Cherry, which is a nice feature if you are after the tactile bump. I actually have some Halo Clears on order as I prefer the feel of MX Clears.

The lighting effects on the keyboard are very fun. I like the "loading" lights that it does when you first plug it in.

The entire case feels very sturdy to hold and has a fair bit of weight to it. The "floating" design for the switches make it quite interesting as there is no frame around the switches to add more weight/bulk which all makes for one very compact keyboard.

Putting in the switches was more of a graft than I thought it would be, but once you get into the swing of things it goes quite quickly. @NikTheSHNIK be glad you can find a "willing volunteer" to do this for you :p. I'm please to report that the stabilisers that they are using in serial number 201812 come lubed as standard, which gets rid of the horrible racket that they made on the older models from the video reviews that I saw. This saves you a 30 minute job really and the whole thing feels fluid.

I'm not sure what else to say about this keyboard really. If you have used mechanical keyboards in the past then you more or less know what you are in for. I look forward to trying out the pudding caps for more sweet RGB effects to come through the keys but that's about it. I'm actually typing this all up on the keyboard to get a good idea on how the switches feel and the overall feel of the keyboard itself. The only negative thing that I've noticed so far is the rubber feet are a bit lackluster and it is currently sliding around on the desk a little bit as I type. If you have a desk mat/surface thing then I would imagine it would move around a lot less.

if you have any queries for me let me know! :D

Thanks for the write up!

Associate
Glorious is one of the few companies who are actively bringing good products to market and I'll most likely be trying out their keyboard if my Corsair K70 dies. Getting my 3XL Extended today from OcUK and will be adding the mouse come May.

You guys have no idea how big Glorious has been in the mouse market as of late. For years companies like Zowie, Steeelseries and even Logitech have been alienating people and not delivering on what people want. Glorious is changing that with what I would call an aggressive marketing strategy. If this Odin mouse is free of quality issues, expect them to have a massive foothold in the PC peripheral market similar to that of Logitech.

What they also do which I think is a great touch is they have reps on reddit who actively respond to customer questions in various places like r/mousereview

Soldato
I'm looking to buy one of these. I assume more people have their hands on them seeing as the thread is old. How are people getting on with them? Any quirks with them? Anything you would recommend over it? It was between this and a Tecware.

Also a bit unsure of the Aura keycaps. Not sure if it would be too bright for me or not.

Back
Top Bottom