Glorious XXL Mouse Pad problems

Associate
Hi all,

Bought this from OCUK in May

Love it for its size and the speed vs control is very good for me, but last couple of days I've noticed that there is an area in the middle of where I use my mice where it just does not track and skips, its like its worn and the mouse either skips or pauses. I've tested this repeatedly and can identify the area. Has anyone else had this problem? Given there is a 1 year warranty, do i contact OCUK?

Associate
have you washed it yet? i do mine every couple of months. Luke warm water from shower. sprinkle over small amount of washing powder. gentle rub it in with your hand no scrubbing or using a sponge. then rinse a good few times. hang up to drip dry for 24 hours out of direct sunlight = brand new pad

you know it needs doing if you scratch pad with nails and it leaves white lines

Man of Honour
have you washed it yet? i do mine every couple of months. Luke warm water from shower. sprinkle over small amount of washing powder. gentle rub it in with your hand no scrubbing or using a sponge. then rinse a good few times. hang up to drip dry for 24 hours out of direct sunlight = brand new pad

I put mine in the washing machine, the instrunctions say thats what I should do so thats what I do. comes out nice every time :)

Associate
I put mine in the washing machine, the instrunctions say thats what I should do so thats what I do. comes out nice every time :)
cool I've used that method in the past but it slightly changes the feel even on the most delicate cycle on my machine. whatever works though!

Man of Honour
cool I've used that method in the past but it slightly changes the feel even on the most delicate cycle on my machine. whatever works though!

I just stick it in on a quick wash :) Samsung washer jobby seems to do the job. 15 mins and she is like new.

Associate
OP

Yep, tried a wash of it and unfortunately same result, going to give it a more thorough wash using your method but using a new sponge as described by Rocket Jump Ninja in his YouTube video.

In the meantime, i've reorientated it so that i'm using my keyboard side for my mouse to actually get tracking.

Back
Top Bottom