God of War 4

Soldato
Yeah I'm exactly the same I don't read either it's brilliant having both on going at the same time , just got to the giant serpent and was like wow that's in the book and they even mention the little details like how big it's supposed to be

Yeah it's great. I didn't know much of this mythology until this book/game. Only new Thor from the marvel take on it and I'm not really a big fan of that stuff. There's stuff in the book that I really hope to see/explore in the game, fingers crossed certain locations make an appearance!

Soldato
Got to a part last night after some epic boss fights where I got cornered really by two nasty witch type beasts - and they totally destroyed me, they whizzed around the screen so fast I just couldn't catch them, it was late by then so turned the game off and did something else, this game can offer some great battles and you wonder how you won, and survived to then one minute just hand your ass to you.

Still loving it, must be nearing the end by now. Then loads more side missions and quests, game isn't small by any means.

Soldato
met my 1st valkyrie, i got owned instantly, lol

oh I did as well... I got a false start, I was doing well for the first few hits, took some health and went in with a rage attack, soon as that ended, wow did she pummel me into the ground. Soon turned and ran away when I re spawned at the last checkpoint . She was one tough *****

Soldato
Excellent game. Only two little areas I didn’t particularly like - I just felt they dragged on too long.

Otherwise, superb experience, especially now I’ve wrapped up everything the game has to offer.

They put a lot of work into this, that’s for sure!

Soldato
There's so many attacks you can do in this , and they all feel so satisfying... first when it's just r1 and r2 for light and heavy attacks I thought ah it's just a hack and slasher that feels really meaty, but there's so much more to it , feels amazing when you chain 3 or 4 attacks together and wipe out a group in one consecutive attack

Associate
Absolutely loving this, 25 hrs in and it's all been fantastic. It's games like this that remind me why I'm a computer game addict .... :D

Soldato
Put in about 10 hours and having a blast, the constant "boy" stuff doesn't bother me at all as it suits Kratos' personality completely. I've done a bit of exploring and found some quite interesting sidequests.

One question - I've got about 8K XP but I can't level up m/any of Kratos' skills as I don't have enough Vitality/Strength/etc. Should I be upgrading armor a lot more? Even with that I feel I'd be well short of the points I need. For now I'm just upgrading Atreus as much as possible but it seems odd to have a skill tree that is cut off so much early on.

Soldato
Not really a spoiler, but anyway....

Meets first Valkyrie..... gets beaten repeatedly..... but then I get my act together and have a satisfying battle and win.

Meets 2nd Valkyrie.... thinks "ok, I know what you ladies are all about, let's rumble".......... I run away less than 5 minutes later unsure about how I'm ever gonna win that one.

:D

Soldato
Reading some of the comments in here, does this game have a Dark Souls vibe to it?

I would so overall no not really. It can be challenging, but not really in a dark souls sense. You block dodge and parry so some similarities get drawn there but I wouldn't go in expecting the two compare too much. It's fantastic though

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm...... are my eyes deceiving me or have the GFX changed in 1.17?

Being in the middle of the "Lake of Nine" the distance now seems to have an oil painting effect to it instead of having detail.

Also, I was actually in the elves realm (I forget the name) during the upgrade to 1.17 and for sure I noticed the whole realm looks a LOT more washed out and blue and you can't see any distance on the main bridge after the upgrade.

Can anyone else also confirm they noticed anything?

EDIT....

Here I am stood outside Tyr's Workshop pointing South East, can anyone running 1.15 and earlier in 1080p mode confirm their distance doesn't look as shonky?
dfgdf.jpg

dsfdsfdsf.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Man I can’t believe people even mentioned that the combat in this game was repetitive.

I love chucking my axe into the ground or into someone head then go barefisted and pummel a ton of adds then recall it into a hulk like smash into the ground. Truly epic moments.

Associate
Hmmm...... are my eyes deceiving me or have the GFX changed in 1.17?

Being in the middle of the "Lake of Nine" the distance now seems to have an oil painting effect to it instead of having detail.

Also, I was actually in the elves realm (I forget the name) during the upgrade to 1.17 and for sure I noticed the whole realm looks a LOT more washed out and blue and you can't see any distance on the main bridge after the upgrade.

Can anyone else also confirm they noticed anything?

EDIT....

Can't say I've noticed anything, it's always had that DOF effect. One thing I have noticed though is that occasionally when starting the game it goes to the brightness setting as if starting for the first time, I've changed it several times now. Might want to check your in game settings.

Associate
Not really a spoiler, but anyway....

Meets first Valkyrie..... gets beaten repeatedly..... but then I get my act together and have a satisfying battle and win.

Meets 2nd Valkyrie.... thinks "ok, I know what you ladies are all about, let's rumble".......... I run away less than 5 minutes later unsure about how I'm ever gonna win that one.

:D
Ha i did exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom