1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 4

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by opethdisciple, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Jase

Mobster

Yes it's having really good reviews, IGN call it a Masterpiece. Just going to make the wait until release feel even longer now.

Can't wait to play it though, I love the God of War series but this looks like they've taken it to the next level.

2. BGGLP

Gangster

Sony exclusive AAA’s consistently raise the bar

3. RedStarRiot

Mobster

Never in doubt it was going go be good but this looks like something very special. Shame I'm away when my release day copy arrives

4. Plainsong

Soldato

Wasn't really on my radar but after reading a few reviews I think I'll pick this up. Sounds great.

5. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Never played any of the God of War games, is it free roam?

6. Jase

Mobster

They never used to be but this one is more open world,. World travel from a hub and you can re-visit places again.

7. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Thanks, looks great. I think I will wait for a price drop, to many games to get through still.

8. Kainz

Capodecina

This game is absolutely racking up the top notch reviews en masse!

9. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Time to check out a 12 month BNPL on a pro ;) wreckless I know but I can pay it off shortly :D practically free then aye...

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I played God of War 1 and 2, but I never really held them in particularly high regard. I didn't dislike them but I just thought they were a bit forgettable afterwards.

I'll probably end up getting this eventually.

11. kinger8938

Sgarrista

By all accounts this is almost a whole new take on the franchise so what you may have disliked may no longer be present etc. Certainly seems less of a fast past hack and slash now that's for sure

12. Plainsong

Soldato

This is a total departure from what has been before. Fair play to them as it looks like they've smashed it.

13. BGGLP

Gangster

Can’t wait to see this on the pro!! Reckon it might top HZD graphically. Loving this mid generation console update!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  14. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Ffs pro ordered and on route from Argos. I did say to myself when I ditched my standard ps4 over a year ago that I would pick up a pro when God of war came out as I should have a small wave of titles backed up in my absence like Crash, uncharted expansion etc so seems like a good time.

15. McBain

Capodecina

Didn't even consider this as not gotten on with the previous games in the series, this does look like a change of direction worth looking at though.

16. Kainz

Capodecina

Hmm the Ars review mention a lot of frame rate issues on the Pro, even in Performance mode.

17. ic1male

Caporegime

I wouldn’t worry about that, there should be patches incoming to sort all that. I’m lucky in that regard - by waiting a year or more all the bugs and issues are generally fixed.

18. The Craig

Sgarrista

Seen a review and looks great! I'll deffo give this a spin

19. Bigpig

Soldato

There’s the difference. Sony support their in house gaming studios. Microsoft just seem to close theirs down.

20. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

This looks stunning. Looking forward to giving it a go. My Pro has been a bit neglected since getting the X.

I hate to think how loud the fans are going to be with this one.... lol