God of War

Soldato
Sounds like something is broken, close and restart Steam? My download took several minutes and it verified in what appeared to be realtime/no time as I was in the game moments later.

yeah not long after I said that and stopped watching it, it seemed to complete itself after about 5 minutes!

Then just as I was about to launch the game I had guests over for dinner so I've not actually had a chance to play yet. Shall hopefully get an hour or two in tomorrow.

everyone who I know that played it on PS4 said it was fantastic so I'm really keen to see what it's all about

Permabanned
Pretty good so far, not exactly sure what is going on plot wise but its fun all the same. Couple of crashes but running really well on a 3080, seems to be averaging 100 FPS @ 1440p with everything maxed(high?).

Soldato
Oooooo, that FOV mod looks good, I'll try that tomorrow!

Also, who is playing on mouse and keyboard? I tried the controller but its very sluggish and the acceleration is awful so it's very hard to be accurate. Might try m+KB tomorrow.

Associate
Well I've played quite a bit more today and still bored with it. Very linear, invisible walls, kratos is not a likeable character, and his son is annoying. It's just hack and slash followed by physics puzzles repeatedly. There's no story to it.

I was hyped for this game as many say it's the best game ever made, but in my opinion Witcher 3 still retains this title

V F

V F

Soldato
The amount of certain twitch streamers that start subtly raging on Give Me God of War difficulty is genuinely funny. Some start off saying this is easy, then 30 minutes to an hour later, their confidence and outlook changes. To a point one was contemplating restarting on a lower difficulty.

One really good twitch streamer with thousands of viewers at one point spent 2 - 3 hours on a Valkyrie.

That seems like an odd complaint, its got a very good story absolutely jam packed with lore, theres tons of lore to read, literally picking up pieces of lore every few minutes. What part of the game have you reached so far?

It has fascinating lore like Lord of the Rings. Magical, sorcery and witchcraft. Plus you hear many stories on the boat with Mimir.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The amount of certain twitch streamers that start subtly raging on Give Me God of War difficulty is genuinely funny. Some start off saying this is easy, then 30 minutes to an hour later, their confidence and outlook changes. To a point one was contemplating restarting on a lower difficulty.

One really good twitch streamer with thousands of viewers at one point spent 2 - 3 hours on a Valkyrie.

Cant understand people who do that. I mean that cant be fun surely. Drudging along through a game, fights becoming frustrating, have to reload/respawn over and over again. Just to say that I beat it on difficulty X when nobody really cares what difficulty you did it on. Take that person you mention there, 3 hours to beat that valkyrie and at the end of that 3 hours can that person really say they had 3 hours of fun doing it, or was it like 10mins of fun and a couple hours of dying in frustration. I'd just lower the difficulty and increase my enjoyment. Its just entertainment to me not a flexing exercise :D

It has fascinating lore like Lord of the Rings. Magical, sorcery and witchcraft. Plus you hear many stories on the boat with Mimir.

Yeah theres also quite a lot of lore you pick up as you're running around and theres some nice Norse info on stuff in the Codex. Though that does require the modern gamer to do something that the modern gamer hates, reading rather than listening ;)

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Cant understand people who do that. I mean that cant be fun surely. Drudging along through a game, fights becoming frustrating, have to reload/respawn over and over again. Just to say that I beat it on difficulty X when nobody really cares what difficulty you did it on. Take that person you mention there, 3 hours to beat that valkyrie and at the end of that 3 hours can that person really say they had 3 hours of fun doing it, or was it like 10mins of fun and a couple hours of dying in frustration. I'd just lower the difficulty and increase my enjoyment. Its just entertainment to me not a flexing exercise :D

To a degree it's a great challenge. It teaches you observation, speed, timing, reaction time and more so on that difficulty, you need a good build. There aint no slacking in this mode. The only problem is which makes New Game Plus very interesting on Give Me God of War, the patterns can change. Plus they'll one shot, if not down to slither. Status effects are really brutal on that difficulty.

This was how I felt on my first playthrough, every normal fight felt like a marathon boss fight but it became a fun challenge. Yes it was long but there was fun in learning the mechanics.

On New Game Plus Give Me God of War becomes a different game that I had to make two save files. One on Give Me a Challenge I'm farming gear on through the story that has dropped me some amazing stuff that I'll carry over to another save. The other save on Give Me God of War is stuck on the Draugr pit because they're psychos in there. A lot of fire, jumping fire explosions and sliding. Roll, roll, roll, 180. :cry:

Sometimes it can be hella frustrating but it's a great way to teach patience and tactics. That's what makes the challenge fun and it is brutal.

Yeah theres also quite a lot of lore you pick up as you're running around and theres some nice Norse info on stuff in the Codex. Though that does require the modern gamer to do something that the modern gamer hates, reading rather than listening ;)

Some of the items to read and stories from Mimir in the boat are very fascinating. As the stories in the boat are also nice breathers between fights.

The lore got me obsessed with this game from 2018 like I felt getting into Lord of the Rings. It's great fantasy stories. I love the whole magical feel to its world. Plus from the lore tied to the gear building makes the hacking/slashing fantastic. No other game has intense action/lore, story telling and carnage like it and others has spoken of this said the same on twitch. :D

Soldato
Hey there! So how's the game after a couple of hours? What about gaming experience, is it much better then playing PS? what about the graphics, are graphics much better?

It's definitely better than the playstation version.

It's not perfect like DF and other review sites are claiming the world best PC port its far from it.

Raging from strange mouse acceleration tied to frame rate, crashes for some users, memory issues, loading issues, game bugs that don't ket you progress further.

These are some of the reports I see on steam.

My experience so far I haven't had any crashes I do get the odd stuttering going into new area and also random frame rate drops on some places but most of the time it's high 80/100fps

After messing with the camera options I am now much more happier with mouse movement but it's still not perfect due to when the frame rate changes mouse movement speed is either increase or decrease.

I also also noticed the game seems more easier than I remember on PS4 using mouse and keyboard I just hit the axe all time.
Could also be due to higher frame rates etc

Soldato
One of the best games I have ever played, the story telling in this game is just so good. I only played on PS4 and then PS5. This game is a true AAA title and can only be matched by the best titles such as RDR2, GTA5 etc.

V F

V F

Soldato
No idea but I did 20 hours on it over the weekend and it sort of "feels" like I'm maybe 2/3rds of the way through as I have access to all the skills now so I'm guessing that I'm heading towards the end third of the game

Where are you?

Alfheim and the Elf boss was pretty wicked didn't you think?

Soldato
Anyon find panning the camera on control pad a bit janky? like you can only pan around so far then it snaps to like another 90 degrees or something, so you can't pan smoothly?

Back
Top Bottom