God of War

Permabanned
Really good game, combat is actually fun.... That's rare.. :eek:

Runs fine, changed everything to Ultra/DLSS Quality and it's hovering around 100-120fps most of the time at 1440p.

3900x/RTX3080

Last edited:
Associate
Addictive game... Runs really well on my cpu too with everything set to Ultra/Quality DLSS

75-95fps

At an unknown resolution, this data is meaningless.

Really good game, combat is actually fun.... That's rare.. :eek:

Runs fine, changed everything to Ultra/DLSS Quality and it's hovering around 100-120fps most of the time.

Again, at an unknown resolution and with unknown hardware.

Come on guys...:D

Soldato
15 hours in and loving it. If you take away your son as an additional factor in combat, then the gameplay is remarkably similar to Darksiders for me with the level design, loot chests, puzzles, etc. Not a bad thing as I love Darksiders. Had one memory leak so far, none since I changed to the experimental beta. The FPS does still halve at some points but an overclock on my GPU has kept the dips above 60 so all good. The FOV adjuster using Flawless Widescreen is a game changer in terms of visual fidelity for me; having this set at +30% for UW 1440p is the sweet spot I've found.

Soldato
15 hours in and loving it. If you take away your son as an additional factor in combat, then the gameplay is remarkably similar to Darksiders for me with the level design, loot chests, puzzles, etc. Not a bad thing as I love Darksiders. Had one memory leak so far, none since I changed to the experimental beta. The FPS does still halve at some points but an overclock on my GPU has kept the dips above 60 so all good. The FOV adjuster using Flawless Widescreen is a game changer in terms of visual fidelity for me; having this set at +30% for UW 1440p is the sweet spot I've found.

What driver version you on? I'm still getting horrible memory leaks on my 3090 and unless I restart the game every couple of hours, it crashes. I'm 25 hours in and it just keeps getting better.

Caporegime
What driver version you on? I'm still getting horrible memory leaks on my 3090 and unless I restart the game every couple of hours, it crashes. I'm 25 hours in and it just keeps getting better.

511.09 is very good, wouldn't recommend the latest ones though 511.23(?)

Associate
Update via Steam is now available:
Patch v1.0.2 for God of War is now live.

Please restart Steam to receive the update immediately.

Thank you to everyone who helped us confirm these fixes on the Experimental beta branch. At this time, you should switch back to the default branch as the Experimental beta branch will no longer be updated.

To switch back to the default branch, follow these steps:
  1. In your Steam library, right click on 'God of War' and select 'Properties'
  2. Select the 'BETAS' tab
  3. Change the drop down to 'none'

Patch Notes
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where users with Intel 12th Gen CPUs could not boot the game without disabling their integrated graphics card
  • Fixed a UI issue that was causing a
    small
    memory leak

Other Changes
  • Added an error message for when saving the game fails due to a missing "Saved Games" folder or a related permissions issue
  • Added an error message for when a GPU stops responding. This error is often due to a driver issue or instability from overclocking

We are continuing to investigate the memory leak issues and the rest of the Known Issues. If you are experiencing these problems, submitting a ticket greatly helps us gather all of the information we need to properly access each one.

**Edit to add, still having an out of memory crash after a similar period of time.

Last edited:
Soldato
21.1.1 AMD drivers. I'm using a 6900 XT. Yeah, I just played another 5 hours there. Just finished the fight with the dragon on the mountain. Class.

Soldato
Not sure if it's the patch or drivers. But I rolled back to 511.09 and I've not had any memory issues. It's staying solid around 7.7gb usage on the VRAM (it crashed at 23.4gb VRAM usage on my 3090 previously).

Edit: Peak was 10.5gb, back down to 9.5gb so far, I'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Completed the game this evening, just in time for Hitman 3. Really was a superb game, just superb. Dont know if/when God of War 2 will come to PC but its going to be an automatic purchase for me if/when it does.

Associate
My first complaint with the game...

I'm playing on 'Give me a story' mode and up to this point it's been the right balance I've been looking for to play through at a good pace and enjoy the story as it develops.

I've just met the Valkyrie Gierdriful and the difficulty has gone absolutely insane! I must have tried over 10 times already to beat this boss, the first time I've had to do so in my 15 hours of play so far. The combination of unblockable attacks, which often follow each other and the pace at which they come is proving a frustration. I'm fully expecting a 'Git gud' here but it might stop me advancing in this game. I've never been one for the Dark Souls style easy death/learn sequences for combat & I certainly don't have time for that either. I'm quite surprised at the noticeable change in difficulty for this boss.

Man of Honour
My first complaint with the game...

I'm playing on 'Give me a story' mode and up to this point it's been the right balance I've been looking for to play through at a good pace and enjoy the story as it develops.

I've just met the Valkyrie Gierdriful and the difficulty has gone absolutely insane! I must have tried over 10 times already to beat this boss, the first time I've had to do so in my 15 hours of play so far. The combination of unblockable attacks, which often follow each other and the pace at which they come is proving a frustration. I'm fully expecting a 'Git gud' here but it might stop me advancing in this game. I've never been one for the Dark Souls style easy death/learn sequences for combat & I certainly don't have time for that either. I'm quite surprised at the noticeable change in difficulty for this boss.

If it helps, you dont need to fight the Valkyries in order to advance in the game. They're pretty much optional side boss fights, they arent required for the main story.

Back
Top Bottom