God of War

Soldato
I've played for a 4 hour stint without any issues at all. (Windows 11, 5800x, 3080 10gb - 2560x1440 ultra) Is the memory leak problem down to windows version at all? I am using the latest Game ready drivers.

Soldato
I am about five hours in and quite liking it though some of the combat can be a bit bewildering, the first boss, the troll really was not sure what I should be doing but got there. The stranger was just plain annoying as i really did not have a clue but again I got there. The enemy that I gave up on is the one protecting a chest in a very tight area and he was the first one with a purple health bar. Will have to go back to him when hopefully i am stronger.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Get BOY! to fire arrows at him at every chance which helps lower the health down quite a bit and as he's hit with arrow do precision throws with your axe. Hold RMB to charge up an explosive round too for added effect. Most of my kills now revolve around charged up hits and stuff since I have perked up my axe and skills and I'ma round 6 hours in now.

V F

V F

Soldato
I am about five hours in and quite liking it though some of the combat can be a bit bewildering, the first boss, the troll really was not sure what I should be doing but got there. The stranger was just plain annoying as i really did not have a clue but again I got there. The enemy that I gave up on is the one protecting a chest in a very tight area and he was the first one with a purple health bar. Will have to go back to him when hopefully i am stronger.

Which was this?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The rocks, I see what you meant about the rocks, so nice :cool:

God%20of%20War%20Screenshot%202022.01.24%20-%2018.49.54.46.jpg

Mine keeps crashing, unless I play on Original settings.
The rtx 2070 that outdated already?

Nope should not be a prob, if you are getting a crash it may be due to something else, RAM, voltage, an OC etc perhaps?

V F

V F

Soldato

God%20of%20War%20Screenshot%202022.01.24%20-%2018.49.54.46.jpg

Wait until you get further. There are some really dark all rock and stone areas further into the story. Almost like Superman 2005, dark and horrid looking places.

Associate

Nope should not be a prob, if you are getting a crash it may be due to something else, RAM, voltage, an OC etc perhaps?

Have no OC running, 9700k running at stock, the only thing to try is to disable xmp and try again.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
SSRTGI which comes with the latest Game Ready driver adds ray traced global illumination, I'm about to install the latest driver and check it out as it does look good.

Edit*
Cannot see SSRTGI features in Game Filters, seems God Of War is not listed under nVidia Freestyle's page either so not sure why various gaming sites are saying it works with the latest game ready driver... Back to Studio driver I go.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It would be interesting to know if there's a crash error message. If you also check reliability Monitor in Control panel you should see some detailed info on the crash and what possibly triggered it.

Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor

Soldato
If I remember right someone posted about the sales on Steam being low and that Sony might not bother porting more exclusive games ? I would think this might be good news in that case.

Top 10 Best-Selling Games On Steam Last Week -- God Of War Sets A New Record

God of War becomes PlayStation's first-ever PC release to hold the No. 1 spot two weeks in a row on Steam.

So, maybe Sony might consider a few more of their exclusive games to be ported. Looking forward to the Encharted when it coming out, although it supposedly only the last part and not all of them.

Associate

Ive just installed it and had a quick half hour before i get my head into it proper

i got leathered by this guy three times and gave up :(

Soldato
Ive just installed it and had a quick half hour before i get my head into it proper

i got leathered by this guy three times and gave up :(
I find that combat is very hit and miss for a while I felt I am doing OK even though I find it a bloody nuisance having to remember to recall the axe, then suddenly I meet some enemies and I am destroyed over and over again which is happening to me out on a lake I have arrived at. Can be very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom