God of War

I haz 4090!
Don
This game is ridiculously good. Played it a bit on the OG PS4 but not enough to really get into it. I’m about 10 hours in on the PC and it’s bloody fab.

Soldato
I've just started the Niflheim grind - tips for anyone interested:
  • Make sure you get the key made by Brock as soon as you have 500 Mist echoes. You need to get him to Craft it in the crafting menu - he doesnt offer it up as part of the story. Once you have this you can get into the bit at the top which has a lot of chests and 3 realm tears. If you want to have a chance at the Valkyrie queen its a good idea to smash these out first as you get some seriously high end items.
  • The 5000 mist echoe chest contains the material to max out the leviathon axe and the 2500 one has a yellow charm that helps against the mist poison.
  • The mist exchoes you recieve in each chest grows exponentially the more chests you open without leaving the mist so its better to try and go around the whole circle rather than in and out once you have the full mist armour (im also using the talismans and axe pommel to maximise the poison resistance)
Hope this helps!

I haz 4090!
Don
After the patch today, I get constant downwards stick drift. It doesn't matter if I'm using Xbox or PS5 controller, it constantly drifts down. ******* hell.

I haz 4090!
Don
If anyone else gets the above, change the steam controller profile to the default game pad. There’s an official God of War profile now and it’s a bit screwy. Mine is fine now I’ve switched to the default profile.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've just started the Niflheim grind - tips for anyone interested:
  • Make sure you get the key made by Brock as soon as you have 500 Mist echoes. You need to get him to Craft it in the crafting menu - he doesnt offer it up as part of the story. Once you have this you can get into the bit at the top which has a lot of chests and 3 realm tears. If you want to have a chance at the Valkyrie queen its a good idea to smash these out first as you get some seriously high end items.
  • The 5000 mist echoe chest contains the material to max out the leviathon axe and the 2500 one has a yellow charm that helps against the mist poison.
  • The mist exchoes you recieve in each chest grows exponentially the more chests you open without leaving the mist so its better to try and go around the whole circle rather than in and out once you have the full mist armour (im also using the talismans and axe pommel to maximise the poison resistance)
Hope this helps!

I'd also invest into a lot of Luck stats to obtain so many Mist Echoes. I've almost got a build ready to go with maxed out Luck and damage.

Soldato
I'd also invest into a lot of Luck stats to obtain so many Mist Echoes. I've almost got a build ready to go with maxed out Luck and damage.
Solid tip!
I've now managed to defeat the Muspelheim Valkyrie and max out the blades of Chaos as well as the Leviathan axe - struggling to do the trials again though as the first one is to take no damage which are in my opinion the hardest ones. It's only 15 enemies but I really struggle to defeat the ancients without getting hit. I need to do these again to get enough materials to max out the mist armour, then I can think about taking the other Valkyries out.

Associate
God of War PC Patch 1.0.6 Release Notes
https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/god-of-war-update-1-0-6-released-full-patch-notes-revealed/

Fixes
Enabling FSR will now no longer result in blurry/blocky image quality
Xbox controllers will now have proper joystick sensitivity
Mouse Precision Mode will no longer cause movement animations to break

New Features

Added translations for Precision Mode that were not included in patch v1.0.5
Mouse Precision Mode now supports Aim Assist

V F

V F

Soldato
Nice fixes by those developers. I'm impressed how quick they're getting through them compared to the likes of EA and Ubisoft that simply don't care.

I'm definitely going to get this for PC and at some point see if I can transfer the PS4 save file over.

Seeing this game on Ultra details is quite breathtaking.

Soldato
Nice fixes by those developers. I'm impressed how quick they're getting through them compared to the likes of EA and Ubisoft that simply don't care.

I'm definitely going to get this for PC and at some point see if I can transfer the PS4 save file over.

Seeing this game on Ultra details is quite breathtaking.

PS4 game save will not transfer unfortunately. Happy to share mine that is mostly complete if you wanted to go straight in for a NG+

V F

V F

Soldato
PS4 game save will not transfer unfortunately. Happy to share mine that is mostly complete if you wanted to go straight in for a NG+

Are you sure? There is some file converting I saw you've to do something. Cannot remember the steps. There was a site about it... Ah, it was on Nexusmods I read it last time.

Erm... What on earth...

https://www.nexusmods.com/godofwar/mods/8

"Tutorial on how i did this so you can do this for yourselves if you ever wanted to use you own PS4 save on PC
Disclaimer: You will need a program called Save Wizard PS4 to do this though which costs $59.99 / €54.99 / £49.99 / HKD469.99
"

V F

V F

Soldato
Has anyone faced the Valkyrie, Rota yet? From Helheim. Damn, she is nasty trying to face her last night. The last one for me before Sigrun. She leaps into the air then must be ground spamming 4 - 5 times on New Game Plus. Apparently on normal first playthroughs she only does that twice.

The grind on Niflheim was strangely fun yet frustrating. I had to invest even more luck to get a better chance at finding the Anchor of Fog. Farming Niflheim and Muspleheim sure is one great way to get hacksilver so fast. Since upgrades can be as high as 170,000.

Must have been in Niflheim for over 3 hours trying to get more Anchor of Fog for the remaining realm tears. Was over 200,000 Mist Echoes before opening all the chests, realm tears, purchasing armour and upgrades. 28,000 remaining. :cry:

Niflheim really isn't as bad as it looks. The entrances change but the layout is exactly the same. One big giant square layout with the two baseball round type of areas. One with a mini boss for a chance of obtaining the Anchor of Fog and the Valkyrie in the other.

Soldato
Solid tip!
I've now managed to defeat the Muspelheim Valkyrie and max out the blades of Chaos as well as the Leviathan axe - struggling to do the trials again though as the first one is to take no damage which are in my opinion the hardest ones. It's only 15 enemies but I really struggle to defeat the ancients without getting hit. I need to do these again to get enough materials to max out the mist armour, then I can think about taking the other Valkyries out.
You can skip the first trial where you can't take damage. You only need to complete 3 out of the 4 or 5 challenges to obtain the 3 keys. I got frustrated with the no damage trial as well but you don't need to do it. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom