God of War

V F

V F

Soldato
I had forgotten the level jump going into Niflheim on "Give Me God of War" difficulty. After getting the Jotunheim tower back into view, I went to Niflheim. As those Dark Elf bosses in the tower were rather brutal with the level 5/6 gear.

They started level 7/8 and ready to morph into level 9 for Niflheim. What a difference it has made getting the full deadly mist armour. It was a lot of clear the first area then running back before getting that gear set. As the mist bar was depleting like crazy by the time they died. 900 - 1000 Mist echoes each section before going further in.

Soldato
Loving this game but what is the story with the combos? Some of the skills say that there are bonuses for 'Heavy finisher combo' or some other combos but the skills page does not seem to list what they are or how to do them?

Also one mention of the 'left click' combo? Where are all these combos? I've unlocked all the skills but these seem to be different, and I can't see them explained anywhere in the game?

Randomly found one that seems to be Heavy, Heavy, Light, Heavy - but where are these found?

Soldato
Loving this game but what is the story with the combos? Some of the skills say that there are bonuses for 'Heavy finisher combo' or some other combos but the skills page does not seem to list what they are or how to do them?

Also one mention of the 'left click' combo? Where are all these combos? I've unlocked all the skills but these seem to be different, and I can't see them explained anywhere in the game?

Randomly found one that seems to be Heavy, Heavy, Light, Heavy - but where are these found?

There are combos in the axe skill tree. I just started this on PC yesterday and first combo I unlocked is light, light, light, heavy.

Soldato

I just spammed the mouse buttons as I had no idea what did what. Worked for me.

V F

V F

Soldato
I just spammed the mouse buttons as I had no idea what did what. Worked for me.

My favourite is the whirlwind sweep axe throw. Once you change stances, 3 axe throws goes through all enemies but you have to time each throw. It does a lot of damage. The shield is the same. There is a massive leap shield hit. Think it is 3 button pressed after each move then the final is a shield slam that throws them flying into the air likely all stunned activated. It's great for clearing mobs.

The Blades also has a crazy quick stab that deals insane damage. Again, it's all about waiting on the change of stances. You can usually 2 shot if not 3 shot the Helwalkers if timed right without swinging the chains.

https://game8.co/games/God-of-War-2018/archives/316332

The full whirlwind. https://game8.co/games/God-of-War-2018/archives/316779

Soldato
Yes I know the 'change stance' combos, as they are listed on the Skills page. I am asking about the seemingly-hidden combos that are not listed on the Skills page and that the game never mentioned. When you use different combos of Light and Heavy attack.

So far I have found, with the Chaos Blades:

H H L H

LH LH LH

LLLLLH

I only just found them, by accident (after 100 hours in the game! :D)

Anyone have a list of all of them or the ones for the Axe?

Soldato
Brilliant game. The Valkyrie fights are really good boss battles. Just barely beat the Niflheim one. It took everything I had and I was so nearly dead at the end. Epic fight! Phew! I think I was sweating afterwards :cry:

Don't think I have sworn out loud like that while gaming in a while. She's a handful. Excellent boss battles!

V F

V F

Soldato
Brilliant game. The Valkyrie fights are really good boss battles. Just barely beat the Niflheim one. It took everything I had and I was so nearly dead at the end. Epic fight! Phew! I think I was sweating afterwards :cry:

Don't think I have sworn out loud like that while gaming in a while. She's a handful. Excellent boss battles!

Even while wearing the Deadly Mist armour? Sigrun however, is on another level.

V F

V F

Soldato
The Queen Valkyrie on Give Me God of War.

She was a handful.

The High Council 5:10
Valkyrie Queen 12:07

Caporegime
This got a new patch enabling AMD FSR 2.0

Code:
Patch v1.0.12 for God of War is now live.

Please restart Steam to receive the update immediately.

Patch Notes

New Features

[*]FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 has been implemented and is now available as a resolution-scaling option within the display settings menu

Back
Top Bottom