Going back to XPMC from Vista

Soldato
I am currently using Vista Home Premium 64 OEM, and it's been activated. But I hate the performances and crashes it brings, and I want to go back to Windows XP Media Center edition that was installed on the PC when I bought it a month ago.

Both XPMC and Vista64 are OEM editions, with their cdkeys and all that; is it safe to reformat the PC and put back XPMC on it, then when Vista is more stable down the line, I can reinstall that and use the CDkey again, or will I have to purchase another Vista?

In other words, can I uninstall Vista, then install it again another time?

Permabanned
I have not had any crashes yet on vista.

Some random shut downs though, such as a black screen, which is kinda wierd.

Would you have a Nvdia graphics card by any chance, IIRC this issue exists with the 100.XX Vista drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Can you _please_ answer my questions guys :) I'm not stupid, and I know the deal with drivers and their usage/reliability under certain manufacturers. Fact of the matter is, Vista is not mature enough to meet my needs.

Permabanned
KNiVES said:
Can you _please_ answer my questions guys :) I'm not stupid, and I know the deal with drivers and their usage/reliability under certain manufacturers. Fact of the matter is, Vista is not mature enough to meet my needs.

No one was saying you are stupid we were just trying to help.

Soldato
OP
Ronaldo said:
i think once upgraded u cannot uninstall :D just reinstall xpmc

Can you clarify on that? Do you mean once I've installed Vista, I can't install it again at a later date anymore?

Associate
I think he has missunderstood your question. He just means that once you have done an update of vista over MCE you cannot uninstall it and that you have to do a fresh install.

Vista will go back on the same machine in a couple of months time with no problems so just do a fresh install of XP MCE

Back
Top Bottom