Going out 'clubbing' with your partner...

Associate
We'll sometimes go out with friends but the local clubs are terrible. When we lived in Edinburgh we went out most of the time. I've been out clubbing a few times without him but it's not as fun. Dancing with each other is a lot more fun, we can take the mick out of the neds dancing and just have a laugh at all the bladdered people falling over themselves!

Soldato
It doesn't really end up being a particularly good night if both me and the misses go clubbing together, with or without mates. Just doesn't gel well for some reason.

Associate
Is that even English? Just because you feel a certain way towards any girlfriends you've ever had doesn't mean every other male in the world is the same.

I think he means "Wick" - a word derived from cockney rhyming slang. You know what gets on my wick? Fights inside clubs / pubs that ruin the atmosphere and injure other people. There’s just no need for it. Take it outside, get arrested, learn from your mistake and don't do it again. Another reason why we tend to avoid clubs these days.

Soldato
Going out clubbing with my girlfriend AND my friends/her friends is ok, but I wouldn't have such a good time if it was just the two of us. At least I can go out clubbing with my gf without ending the night in an argument though, one of my housemates always ends up arguing with his gf once they have both had a bit to drink!

Caporegime
What other type of clubbing is there? Or do you mean seal clubbing? :p

The clubbing the OP meant:
83da0685974e686b05b161f51001a27e_md.jpg

a45a7a0cbb1027e615e6c0e2fce648cf_md.jpg

The clubbing I meant:
Godskitchen%20007.jpg

lr_PeachJuly%20015.jpg

lr_PeachJune%20013.jpg

:p

Soldato
Is that even English? Just because you feel a certain way towards any girlfriends you've ever had doesn't mean every other male in the world is the same.

Lol its not that, Its just the fact that when your with ya mates you can get sloshed, talk about women, discuss how annoying your lass can be etc, and then dance about like fools to finish.

When you go clubbing with a girl you spend most of your life with anyway, you have sod all to talk about, and unless you are both at a proper event where you wanna see a dj, or you are both into (proper) clubbing, then its likely to be a complete bore!

and i guess Getting on someones whick is just a term round here, like "gets on your nerves"

Associate
last time i went out with the gf clubbing we shared some shots, 10 mins later she was starting on 3 blokes over a spilt drink

down to yours truly to back her up......i did, luckily some of my mates saw and came over too so i didnt end up as a skidmark

we got free drinks, not that the gf needed anymore, now she can be the designated driver for her foolishness

oh and we walked home and she was wearing high heels (moaning about them hurting)

the pain of carrying her 0.5 miles on my back was too much

so she wore my shoes and i walked home in the damp with just socks carrying her stupid heels

no i dont like it

Man of Honour
I've enjoyed going out with girlfriends in the past, but I must admit it's not exactly great.

I'd prefer to take them somewhere where we can talk/be romantic etc.

Soldato
i'm not a big fan of it tbh. If we just 'want to go out', then I wont fancy dancing to anything the crappy clubs round here play anyway. so there's no point going to anywhere that *blurts* out music cos we wont be dancin so just sitting there drinking overpriced beverages.

Associate
I dont mind going out clubbing with the girlfriend, its not a bad night but generally I go out with my mates and her with her mates. But occasionally we either all meet up or end up in the same places anyway.

Back
Top Bottom