Gommora is the greatest TV show you've never heard of

Permabanned
Ok, many will have heard of it but it's still pretty niche relative to many TV series.

For me this is right up there with The Wire in terms of the greatest television ever made and is easily the greatest mafia/gangster TV series ever made (yes that includes the fantastic sopranos, boardwalk empire and romanzo criminale).

There is no glamour, no romanticism towards this lifestyle... it's just raw and uncompromising with some of the best characters in television and with amazing acting throughout. It's fantastically shot as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes it is great ... but any news of season 3 in the UK, they filmed it at start of year I understand ?
There is an equally good film too http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929425/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 - that is why I was attracted to series.

a foreign language drama series about drug cartel's - on C4 Walter presents - fugitives -
set/filmed in Chile/Argentina so the different environment is attractive, it is in the same vein, and almost as good as Gommora (no date yet for its season 3)

Associate
I agree it's really good and have mentioned it in TV topics a couple of times. Can't wait to see season three! Suburra is also supposed to be pretty good.

Associate
I stopped midway through season 1 simply because now tv have messed up the episode order. Lost interest and forgot about it. Must go back, but I’ve just started watching the wire!

Permabanned
OP
Just finished season 3

wooooooooooooow

Seriously could be the best show I've ever seen, if it can maintain this quality for another season or two it's going to come very close to topping The Wire for greatest show ever made.

Brilliant series Just finished watching the finale of series 2 and the movie

Glad you enjoyed it !

Permabanned
OP
it's not available on any legal streaming sites yet, I believe its getting broadcast on Sky Atlantic very soon though

You can find streams and English subs for all the season 3 episodes on the Gommora Reddit, plus the usual torrent sites.

That Boat scene :eek:

Amazing scene

looking back in hindsight its now clear the entire season was building up to that moment but at the time of watching I never thought it would happen. It was the perfect ending for his character imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom