Gonna buy a macbook me thinks!

Soldato
Justin said:
Sorry it's there now.

Thought it'd be something juicy and self incriminating. :p

Edit: Shostakovich, are you close to an Apple store? You could pester a genius, but if it turns out to be like the Bluewater store was on Sunday it'll be packed full of people. :eek:

(More than the Sony Centre I might add.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Shostakovich said:
I don't live close, no, although I will be in Regent Street store on Sat - I just won't have my mac...

But will prob be buying a little sleeve/case for my Mac.
I still need one of those myself. :(

Ask more questions tbh, I'm bored and need something to do whilst I try to breathe properly, damn colds. :mad:

Soldato
WotDa said:
I still need one of those myself. :(

Ask more questions tbh, I'm bored and need something to do whilst I try to breathe properly, damn colds. :mad:

Okay, what mouse when I get my Mac should I get? Apple mouse or something better?

Soldato
Justin said:
Okay, what mouse when I get my Mac should I get? Apple mouse or something better?

I still don't know that myself, I've been using a MX510, although slower than my MX518 I can't cope playing WoW with the MX510, so it's all I have left.

I'd say a Bluetooth mouse of some sort though, frees up that extra port. Oh, might just be me, but after 'touching' a Mighty Mouse the other day, it just felt wrong, and although I wasn't anywhere near the right position the side buttons were horrid to push.

Pre-edit: (Yes, I use both at the same time, and I'm too lazy to get on the floor when not using the PC to unplug the MX518, boo hoo, I'll die of heart disease etc etc :p)

Soldato
WotDa said:
I still don't know that myself, I've been using a MX510, although slower than my MX518 I can't cope playing WoW with the MX510, so it's all I have left.

I'd say a Bluetooth mouse of some sort though, frees up that extra port. Oh, might just be me, but after 'touching' a Mighty Mouse the other day, it just felt wrong, and although I wasn't anywhere near the right position the side buttons were horrid to push.

Pre-edit: (Yes, I use both at the same time, and I'm too lazy to get on the floor when not using the PC to unplug the MX518, boo hoo, I'll die of heart disease etc etc :p)

I quite like the mighty mouse's looks, my girlfriend uses one on her PC, but the right click is pants, it hardly works.

I will look at the MX510 and MX518 cheers :)

Edit: just looking at pics of the MX518, why is it covered in dents...

Soldato
WotDa said:
Haha! It's a pattern. The MX510 had it too, but in blue. Varies from mouse to mouse too, I think.

That makes it look really horrible :( Hmm, I like the look of the Logitech G5.

Soldato
WotDa said:
The G5 looks more industrial. (Not sure on the point of that comment though...)

Hmm, I'm probably going to get this because I've had it in black before and it's very good, plus the white will go with the Mac.

Soldato
Justin said:
Hmm, I'm probably going to get this because I've had it in black before and it's very good, plus the white will go with the Mac.

I still need to get me a Wacom tablet. :/

Brush engine at its full potential here we come.

Soldato
feelintherage said:
ive got that mouse its really nice and if you have had a razer before you will know what they are like :)

Yeah they are great, took a while to get used to because they are very quick.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If you want to be able to right-click just enable two finger clicking under the mouse and keyboard options in the system preferences.

Quick tip: Front Row can be accessed by Apple+Esc ;)

I like the mighty mouse.. not the best, but the bluetooth is pretty handy to use with a laptop! I have used a Logitech G5, MX518 in the past though.. whatever works for you!

Download the perian component for Quicktime.. it allows quicktime to play all sorts of files including DivX, XviD, etc etc.. oh, and for those pesky WMV files use Flip4mac (http://www.flip4mac.com).

Any more help just visit the Mac hints and tips sticky :)

Soldato
I just remembered last year, didn't Apple have a 'Back to School' offer that started on June 5th? If you buy a Mac using HE or FE discount you get a free iPod?

Back
Top Bottom