Good afternoon from the UK

Associate
Good afternoon everyone - just signed up.

I've spent the last two weeks looking round many forums with a view to finding the best place to listen, learn and hopefully get to improve and expand my computing knowhow.

This forum seems to me by far the best community in terms of knowledge and generosity of spirit in supporting people, so that's why I signed up here.

I'm of the generation that pretty much had to teach itself computing when PC hardware first started becoming commercially available so although I know my way around, I really don't know what I don't know.

Having recently become more and more frustrated with Windows 10, I need to educate myself some more.

On retiring a couple of years back, I did what I had wanted to do for a long time and got my Full Radio Amateur Licence. I'm interested in finding out more about the new digital modes and also Software Defined Radio, so again I need more than just an everyday knowledge of PCs etc.,

So ... thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to picking up as much as I can and increasing my skillset.

Best Wishes,
David

Associate
OP
full Radio Amateur Licence, Cant say i have ever come across some one with one. Sounds Intresting. welcome to ocuk forum

It's a fascinating hobby. The convergence of technologies is really interesting and a number of the more recent developments are very exciting.

I'm just beginning to educate myself about Software Defined Radio and even quite modestly priced kit can give high quality results.

Happy to provide you with some links and pointers if you're interested.

Best Wishes,
David

Back
Top Bottom