Good alternative to No Mans Sky

Caporegime
Found Space Engineers to be quite meh, will give it another go when I get bored with No Man's Sky.

Subnautica is water based and I'm thalassophobic :(, love the look of it though, how are the sea monsters? :(.

Soldato
They can be very spooky, as in "turn around and huge monster in your face" scary. I won't play in the dark going deep, and you can swim about 10,000M odd or something deep? PITCH. BLACK.

Soldato
This. I had been following Subnautica for quite a while but bit the bullet after getting my lovely £39.99 refund from NML. Sub was just £14 and from the offset I was having an absolute blast.

I could be biased though for my fascination with the deep, but the game conveys this so amazingly well. It is both beautiful, and extremely scary as you move from shallow waters into the deeper, darker unknowns - whilst trying to survive.

It isn't procedurally generated like NML but it is a survival/resource collecting game and an excellent one at that in it's unfinished state. I try and play an hour or two daily and am making good progress.

Glad you liked it, I've had that for a while mate it's a decent little game. Anyone who's looking for something completely insane should check out ARK: survival evolved, it's pretty fantastic too. I say that as I have 575 hours into it lol

It needs to be multiplayer though, single player on ARK would be lucky to get past your first few dinos without a lot of free time or changing server settings to make life easier.

Soldato
Is there such a thing as a good survival game?

Played a few, most are pretty dire, short life span and not worth the money.

ARK: Survival Evolved. Granted the survival aspect kinda disappears after you've put in about 2-3 days work but it's closest there is to good survival.

Associate
GRAV http://store.steampowered.com/app/332500/

Always said NMS was a complete rip-off of this game and the only big difference is to travel from planet to planet you used to build teleporters instead of spaceships but it's changed a lot since I last played it, it also has Multi-Player so there's PvP if you want it or Co-Op and lots of action/combat if you just want to wander around solo.

I found it a good little time-waster and was fun to play but it was crashing too much in the early days and the 'Saves' were Server based and you'd often just have your Server just vanish so you'd have to restart all over again on a new Server(Planet) which was the only reason I stopped playing it, this was a long while back though and there's been many updates since.

That looks very cool is there no flying in there ?

Caporegime
I picked up Empyrion last night before I'd read this thread. Yes the graphics are a bit rough but I don't really care about that as long as the game is good, looking forward to continuing tonight.

Soldato
I picked up Empyrion last night before I'd read this thread. Yes the graphics are a bit rough but I don't really care about that as long as the game is good, looking forward to continuing tonight.

+1

The game is good especially co-op using your own dedicated server.

Much more fun than No mans Sky and space engineers.

Back
Top Bottom