Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Anyone have seen this before, My Server 2016 install wont boot int Windows again, so trying to re-install.. after running into so much illegal Op red screen error, I have managed to get to the point to install windows, ask me for array driver and its stuck loading , been like this for an hour after re starting same result.

tUBHhs8l.jpg

Soldato
Anyone have seen this before, My Server 2016 install wont boot int Windows again, so trying to re-install.. after running into so much illegal Op red screen error, I have managed to get to the point to install windows, ask me for array driver and its stuck loading , been like this for an hour after re starting same result.

tUBHhs8l.jpg

You need to go the intelligent provisioning method. Select Server 2012 from the options and it will install Server 2016 off the media you provide but download all the drivers from HP.

Associate
You need to go the intelligent provisioning method. Select Server 2012 from the options and it will install Server 2016 off the media you provide but download all the drivers from HP.
Many thanks for the swift response. The problem is my intelligent provisioning page is not responding, I don't think I actually got this setup at if setting up was required.

I get to a page which is not responding.

Associate

I am burning the Intelligent provisioning software to a usb stick to update it and I ll give it a try.

Also, is there a way to turn off the raid in the gen8 server?

Associate
Okay so, I have IP working now but it wont see the ISo in the USB drive because apparently it only recognises fat32 and server iso is 5.47GB.

I have tried Windows Samba network option no matter how I specify the credentials I cant access my network share to load the ISO from it either. Why would HP not allow ISO loading from NTFS file system?]

Is this the end, I cant seem to load using normal USB route and IP is not working either.

Associate
Are you sure the format of the USB stick shouldn't be NTFS?

https://www.experiencingit.net/windows/windows-server-bootable-usb-rufus/

Of course it is , My Rufus created USb is not recognised by IP.

9rlK5s5l.jpg

yqbm0rCl.jpg

hfpLFlfl.jpg

u9MMvpy.jpg

9rlK5s5

Associate
You do have a network cable plugged into the dedicated ILO port, don't you?

:rolleyes: facepalm. I had 2 cables plugged in and then I forgot there is a separate port for ILO.

Meanwhile I broke out my USB dvd drive and burn the server OS to a dual layer disc. Which seems to be installing Okay now.

Fingers crossed will update on Install progress.

Thanks a lot so far Quartz and Avalon! Much appreciated

Associate
Be patient, but also try pressing Alt-Tab or try dragging the window in case there's a hidden prompt box.

I have waited and waited and this is not going anywhere form this screen. There is no prompt behind the cmd window.

I have tried this with a new SSD drive same result, Server firmware is up to date.

Back
Top Bottom