Good eats in New York

Soldato
Morning all,

Off to New York next week, staying at the Club Quarters Hotel on Wall Street. Have got various tourist things planned out for the week but just wondering if you guys can recommend some good places to go for food! Breakfast, lunch or dinner are all welcome!

My girlfriend is pescatarian so that is something to consider if its for dinner as she will need some pescatarian options but at breakfast or lunch we are not looking for anything too fancy just sandwiches, burgers, sea food, sushi and so forth.

Thanks,

Soldato
Sarabeths on West 59th Street
Oyster bar in Grand Central
Ellens Stardust (of course)

Katz's Deli
rxKPknXl.jpg

The big sushi/fish area of Chelsea Market
qF29YB1l.jpg

Levain Bakery (best cookies evarrrr)
RzZUe3Ol.jpg

Dallas BBQ
nhnbtaGl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
The Spotted Pig especially the blue cheese burger & shoestring fries, yum!

LINK
I came to this thread to recommend the same thing. The burger is awesome, but those fries are something else.
16296205509_7cc357dd5e_c.jpg

Soldato
OP
i stayed in the same hotel :)
leos bagels is just around the corner and awesome.

also dallas bbq, Virgil’s Real Barbecue
Excellent, how was the hotel?
Thank you for that tip, something really close by will be great if we just want a quick bite.

Thank you all for the recommendations, The Spotted Pig looks fantastic but perhaps getting the girlfriend to go will be difficult. The sushi looks great, levain bakery is definitely one for the list. Dallas BBQ serves shrimp so that will be fine haha, one for the list!

Soldato
Thought I’d give this thread a bump as I’m heading to NYC next week. Going to check out a few that have been mentioned in this thread but open to further suggestions and would like to go somewhere with a view whether that’s drinks or a meal or both.

Also any suggestions for breakfast? We’ll be heading to Starburst Diner at least once but unsure on the other days.

Associate
Katz is more a been there place. Food is good but expensive. That said we went both times we went to NYC.
Dallas BBQ again is good food and not to bad on the pocket. Again we visited twice each time we have been to Nyc.

I will Second Levins bakery. Best Peanut butter cookie i have ever had. They are to die for.

Back
Top Bottom