Good lease deals on less than great cars

Associate
Back to the point of the thread, CVL have some special offers on 5dr Golf GTD manuals:

£2k + 23, 5k miles, £162/month inc VAT. £5,726 total (£2,863/year)

1+23, 5k miles, £258/month inc VAT. £6,192 total (£3,096/year)

Admittedly 5k miles is a bit crap especially on a diesel. I'm waiting to hear back on some quotes for different deposits and mile allowances.
8k / year hardly increases the price much, however 10k bumps it considerably.

Soldato
A colleague of mine has just put a deposit down on an A200d AMG line with premium pack and night package. He's paying £190 a month and £8k down.

Is it me or is that a hell of a lot of deposit?

It's for a PCP deal I believe over 36 months.

Soldato
Nearly £15k to borrow a Diesel A class for 3 years - sounds like a bargain :p
I guess the lure of AMG, Premium and Night Packs was too much.

Soldato
Nearly £15k to borrow a Diesel A class for 3 years - sounds like a bargain :p
I guess the lure of AMG, Premium and Night Packs was too much.
Exactly this I think. I've tried to convince him to go for the petrol as he only does up to 12k a year so would probably be better for the short journey style of driving he does.

He went through a dealership directly. Not a clue on the GFV, he probably doesn't even know :(

Soldato
Exactly this I think. I've tried to convince him to go for the petrol as he only does up to 12k a year so would probably be better for the short journey style of driving he does.

He went through a dealership directly. Not a clue on the GFV, he probably doesn't even know :(

lol my step dad does 8-10k and he refuses to go petrol because OMG IT COSTS SO MUCHO

Associate

Sounds about right then. Wonder how much going through brokers would have cost him? Would have gotten a much smaller deposit iirc.

Soldato
A colleague of mine has just put a deposit down on an A200d AMG line with premium pack and night package. He's paying £190 a month and £8k down.

Is it me or is that a hell of a lot of deposit?

It's for a PCP deal I believe over 36 months.

Surely the £8k just lowers the monthly payments. Think the MB offers are currently 6.4% APR, so £14.8k over 3yrs. You could probably say about £27k after negotiations for the value. Final payment is probably going to be around £16k taking to account the amount for credit. But then you just chop it in for your next one using some of the value you've paid as the next deposit.

Not the same as leasing though where you wouldn't get the option of a final payment, so can still have some form of return on the money you have paid into it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29206678 said:
The mental gymnastics that goes on around PCP is just stunning :D

People who cant afford cars but want them are hilarious, gotta keep up with the Joneses though eh.

Had a guy with a poverty spec SLK think his car was faster than mine for about 6 months and couldn't understand that it wasn't an AMG (he was an idiot in many ways), found out recently that he had to trade it in for a new poverty spec 1 series because he "fancied a change".... I am guessing it had something to do with his lease deal being up and not being able to afford another go.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29206678 said:
The mental gymnastics that goes on around PCP is just stunning :D

He had a point in a way. That £5k extra in comparison to leasing could be made up if he does a lot of mileage compared to the lease (for example if he did something like 15-20k a year) and also if he sells/trades it compared with just handing it back (as 99% of the time I believe the GFV is a decent bit lower that what the car will actually be worth).

If he doesn't do many miles and does intend to just hand it back after 3 years, then yes it is a bit silly.

Back
Top Bottom