Good lease deals on less than great cars

Don
https://www.gateway2lease.com/cars/...3-convertible-228i-2.0-m-sport.php?id=3790449

Has anyone had one of these and how did you find it? My old man has just given back the 135i and has been desperate for a convertible for quite some time now and this seems to fit .

G2L are really annoying when it comes to stock. They seem to have the best prices compared to everyone else on the innanetz but hardly nothing is in stock or "all gone". Here is a reply from an email I sent them.

That was regarding queries for the Audi A4 1.4tfsi, 2.0 tfsi and the 190 TDI. Asked about the Golf after reading about the deal on here and that was the response. I dont think I will waste my time with G2L anymore.

See above :p

Caporegime
Just had this mailshot hit my Inbox, it's the best car in the world right now imo:

National Vehicle Solutions have just launched a new C4 Cactus offer over 18 months, this time on the Feel 82HP model. This offer is very limited, delivery is 2-3 weeks:-

Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 Feel 82HP 5DR Manual

Extras/Options: In Metallic Colour
Profile:1.5 year contract (9+17)
Miles per annum: 10000
Initial Rental: £806.13 Inc. VAT
Monthly Rental: £89.57 Inc. VAT per month
Admin fee: £199.99+VAT
Road tax Inc.:Yes throughout contract period
Delivery/Notes: 2-3 Weeks / 9p per excess mile / South Wales, Scotland & Devon/Cornwall may incur a Delivery Charge / Based on Non Maintained Personal Contract Hire

Soldato
A friend has been looking for a decent deal on a lease car and asked the other day "out of curiosity, what would £100 a month get?" so I sent him that.

He threatened to run me over in it :(

Soldato
Thing is, the Cactus is pretty light for such a big car. Makes you wonder whats missing from it? Did they make the body out of tin foil or something? :p

It weighs less than a basic Fiesta...

Last edited:
Soldato
G2L with a figure wildly away from the rest of the market. I'd give it an 80% chance that when you call up they will all be gone and only the £2.2k and £350p/m are available now..........

Well we used G2L for the 1 series and I've got to say the service was pretty much flawless. I called ahead today and it's certainly not a stock car, the lead time is around 10-12 weeks at the moment which is just fine seeing as my folks are away for the next month anyway and it's not like they're desperate for a car in need of day to day use, they have those already.

The lady over at G2L was supposed to call me back today and email me a confirmation of the quote but nothing so far, guess I'll just give them another shout in the morning.

Soldato
Just had this mailshot hit my Inbox, it's the best car in the world right now imo:

National Vehicle Solutions have just launched a new C4 Cactus offer over 18 months, this time on the Feel 82HP model. This offer is very limited, delivery is 2-3 weeks:-

Delivery/Notes: 2-3 Weeks / 9p per excess mile / South Wales, Scotland & Devon/Cornwall may incur a Delivery Charge / Based on Non Maintained Personal Contract Hire

I wondered why I was seeing more and more of these disgusting things on the road :( looks like a Armadillo with a plastic shell on it!
That is a really good offer though I'm sure its not too bad driving it as u can't see the outside lol

Soldato
Well we used G2L for the 1 series and I've got to say the service was pretty much flawless. I called ahead today and it's certainly not a stock car, the lead time is around 10-12 weeks at the moment which is just fine seeing as my folks are away for the next month anyway and it's not like they're desperate for a car in need of day to day use, they have those already.

The lady over at G2L was supposed to call me back today and email me a confirmation of the quote but nothing so far, guess I'll just give them another shout in the morning.

I tried them for approximately 10 deals last year on VW, Seat and Renault (ended up leasing a Clio from Blue Chilli and a Merc from a main dealer) and not one of them were available.

Soldato

This works out to £140.50 a month taking in to account deposit and fees. Not bad judging by the average monthlies for a Cactus, but not as great a deal as the headline monthly figure would suggest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had written confirmation of availability of the car, which I guess I'm not too surprised at seeing as the deal only seemed to have gone live from Monday.

Finance Quotation
Personal Contract Hire

VEHICLE DETAILS
Manufacturer and Model: BMW 2 SERIES CONVERTIBLE 228i M Sport 2dr [Nav] [2016.25]
Transmission: Manual
Exterior Paint: Solid Paint - Alpine White
Interior: Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery
Standard Features: Please visit the manufacturers website for full details
Additional Options: N/A
Vehicle Status:
Availability (Best Estimate)
Factory Ordered
12-14 Weeks Delivery
Please note – ‘Stock’ vehicles can be located at
the dealer, in a centralised UK storage location
or en route from the Factory holding compound.
FINANCE QUOTATION
Finance Product Type: Personal Contract Hire (Click here for further details)
Finance Provider : LeasePlan UK (Network)
Length of Contract: 24 Month Contract
Repayment Profile: 6 rentals in advance followed by 23 monthly rentals
Annual Mileage: 8,000 Miles Per Annum
Maintenance: Non-Maintained Contract Ref: 1243974/21 Maintained Contract Ref: 1243974/2
Monthly Rental: (incl. VAT) £287.57 £313.70
Initial Rental: (incl. VAT) £1,725.42 £1,882.20
Excess Mileage: (incl. VAT)
Pence Per Mile
Contract mileage allowance 16,000 miles
- 16,100 miles No charge
- 18,400 miles 13.87p per mile
- 16,100 miles No charge
- 18,400 miles 18.34p per mile
Quote Validity: Valid until Allocation slots fill
FEE PAYABLE TO GATEWAY2LEASE
Administration fee:
(including VAT)
£180.00
For the services we provide to you, the client, we charge an administration fee of £180 including VAT. Our fee will be invoiced to you shortly
after the receipt of your order and is payable by bank transfer or cheque prior to delivery of your vehicle. Our invoice will be in the name of
Marshall Management Services Ltd T/A Gateway2Lease. Marshall Management Services Ltd T/A Gateway2Lease are a Licensed Credit Broker
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Road Fund License:
Road fund license is included for the duration of the contract.
Delivery:
UK mainland delivery included.
VAT:
All VAT is charged at the standard rate.
Excess Mileage Charges:
The excess mileage charges shown is for each mile you drive over
your total mileage allowance.
Maintained Contracts: Including :
All Manufacturers scheduled servicing in addition to any routine
and unexpected maintenance issues.
Also Unlimited Premium Branded tyre replacements.
NOTE - please refer to the maintenance guide for full
information.
End of contract options:
(1) Arrange to have the vehicle collected.
(2) Continue to keep the vehicle and enter into a rolling month by
month contract.
(3) Formally extend the contract for three or six months - subject to
approval.
Terms of Business:
Click here to view our terms of business
Terms and Conditions:
Click here to view our terms and conditions
IMPORTANT FOR DIESEL VEHICLES : Please refer to the Diesel Particulate Filter information at the following location. Click Here

Asked for discount and didn't get any, all I could get out of them was waiving the admin fee.

Just noticed on the maintained lease plan they say unlimited premium tyre replacements. Wonder what the fair usage policy is on that ;)

Caporegime
This works out to £140.50 a month taking in to account deposit and fees. Not bad judging by the average monthlies for a Cactus, but not as great a deal as the headline monthly figure would suggest.

Find me a better deal for a car of similar size? It's a stonking deal and I got the higher spec Flair Edition for £119 PCM all in, but from a different broker.

Caporegime
Just had written confirmation of availability of the car, which I guess I'm not too surprised at seeing as the deal only seemed to have gone live from Monday.

Finance Quotation
Personal Contract Hire

VEHICLE DETAILS
Manufacturer and Model: BMW 2 SERIES CONVERTIBLE 228i M Sport 2dr [Nav] [2016.25]
Transmission: Manual
Exterior Paint: Solid Paint - Alpine White
Interior: Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery
Standard Features: Please visit the manufacturers website for full details
Additional Options: N/A
Vehicle Status:
Availability (Best Estimate)
Factory Ordered
12-14 Weeks Delivery
Please note – ‘Stock’ vehicles can be located at
the dealer, in a centralised UK storage location
or en route from the Factory holding compound.
FINANCE QUOTATION
Finance Product Type: Personal Contract Hire (Click here for further details)
Finance Provider : LeasePlan UK (Network)
Length of Contract: 24 Month Contract
Repayment Profile: 6 rentals in advance followed by 23 monthly rentals
Annual Mileage: 8,000 Miles Per Annum
Maintenance: Non-Maintained Contract Ref: 1243974/21 Maintained Contract Ref: 1243974/2
Monthly Rental: (incl. VAT) £287.57 £313.70
Initial Rental: (incl. VAT) £1,725.42 £1,882.20
Excess Mileage: (incl. VAT)
Pence Per Mile
- 16,100 miles No charge
- 18,400 miles 13.87p per mile
- 16,100 miles No charge
- 18,400 miles 18.34p per mile
Quote Validity: Valid until Allocation slots fill
FEE PAYABLE TO GATEWAY2LEASE
Administration fee:
(including VAT)
£180.00
For the services we provide to you, the client, we charge an administration fee of £180 including VAT. Our fee will be invoiced to you shortly
after the receipt of your order and is payable by bank transfer or cheque prior to delivery of your vehicle. Our invoice will be in the name of
Marshall Management Services Ltd T/A Gateway2Lease. Marshall Management Services Ltd T/A Gateway2Lease are a Licensed Credit Broker
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Road Fund License:
Road fund license is included for the duration of the contract.
Delivery:
UK mainland delivery included.
VAT:
All VAT is charged at the standard rate.
Excess Mileage Charges:
The excess mileage charges shown is for each mile you drive over
your total mileage allowance.
Maintained Contracts: Including :
All Manufacturers scheduled servicing in addition to any routine
and unexpected maintenance issues.
Also Unlimited Premium Branded tyre replacements.
NOTE - please refer to the maintenance guide for full
information.
End of contract options:
(1) Arrange to have the vehicle collected.
(2) Continue to keep the vehicle and enter into a rolling month by
month contract.
(3) Formally extend the contract for three or six months - subject to
approval.
Terms of Business:
Click here to view our terms of business
Terms and Conditions:
Click here to view our terms and conditions
IMPORTANT FOR DIESEL VEHICLES : Please refer to the Diesel Particulate Filter information at the following location. Click Here

Asked for discount and didn't get any, all I could get out of them was waiving the admin fee.

Just noticed on the maintained lease plan they say unlimited premium tyre replacements. Wonder what the fair usage policy is on that ;)

9k over two years?

Jesus Christ.

Caporegime
I think the Cactus is brilliant! It's just a shame they haven't fitted any engines more powerful than a hair dryer :(

:D

Bristol traffic is insufferable and I will never use the power. Any time spent on the motorway will be at 70 as it'll have my bike on the roof, also because I doubt it's geared that high. :(

Back
Top Bottom