Good lease deals on less than great cars

Soldato
I don't know if I can get the finances in place in time but looking today I have seen an Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 TB 280 Veloce for £257.50 Per Month, INC VAT. Rental Profile 9+23. Which to me sounds like a great deal.
:eek: Sounds like a great deal that. They are epic looking cars

Man of Honour
I don't know if I can get the finances in place in time but looking today I have seen an Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 TB 280 Veloce for £257.50 Per Month, INC VAT. Rental Profile 9+23. Which to me sounds like a great deal.

It's more like £370 a month after amortising the deposit which sounds less good.

Soldato
:eek: Sounds like a great deal that. They are epic looking cars

They certainly do look epic!

It's more like £370 a month after amortising the deposit which sounds less good.

I don't know what amortising means, couldn't you have used a different word? The whole deal is under 9k, which is ok compared to what some of the BMW and Mercedes are going for. A BMW 220i is going for the same price for example.

Associate
They certainly do look epic!

I don't know what amortising means, couldn't you have used a different word? The whole deal is under 9k, which is ok compared to what some of the BMW and Mercedes are going for. A BMW 220i is going for the same price for example.
Basically it's the real cost of the car per month, when you factor in the initial payment.

So 32 x £257.50, divided by 24 = £343pm. Or thereabouts.

Soldato
No it doesnt, it will be highly unusual for a lease car to be pre-registered.
Well that’s what brokers from 5+ lease companies told me when I was looking at ‘In Stock’ cars earlier this year.
Dealers register the cars to meet quarter sales targets and need to shift them before the finance hit kicks in several months after registration.

Soldato
Got informed on Monday that the Skoda lease deal for the 245ps variant is oversubscribed and the factory are not accepting any new orders. They automatically entered me in for the 230ps version instead (£5 a month cheaper), but upon further research you don't get a host of features designated solely for the 245ps version (LSD, 19" alloys, etc), so I've sadly cancelled the order. They did say it was likely back in January though

Soldato
This seems like a cheap way to get into a new 5 series!
BMW 5 Series Saloon 520i M SPORT 4dr Auto (Petrol)
SAT NAV (Professional Media), Leather, Bluetooth, Heated Seats, Fr & Rr Sensors, DAB
2 Years Contract Hire
5,000 Miles Per Annum
Initial Rental: £2000 + VAT

23x Monthly Payment: £184.99 + VAT

8,000 Miles Per Annum - £209.99 + VAT

OR

No Initial (1+23)
5,000 Miles Per Annum - £269.99 + VAT

For a £38k motor - 20% of the RRP over 2 years aint bad...

Soldato
Had my 245 ps Octavia vRS order cancelled. Over subscribed at the factory. TBF, I was one of the last orders in from what I can gather. Was offered the 230PS version whch was initially a bit cheaper, but once spec'd to anything like basic of the 245PS, it was a lot more pm....

Oh well....

Soldato
Hi,

For those leasing and choosing on which car to go for, do you go to your local dealers first to take one for a test drive? I can get some very good deals through my work, but would rather test drive a few before deciding, but I can imagine it being a bit of a ball ache trying to convince my local dealer that I am interested in a car when I have no intention of buying one from them? Or perhaps this isn't an issue?

Cheers

Soldato
Hi,

For those leasing and choosing on which car to go for, do you go to your local dealers first to take one for a test drive? I can get some very good deals through my work, but would rather test drive a few before deciding, but I can imagine it being a bit of a ball ache trying to convince my local dealer that I am interested in a car when I have no intention of buying one from them? Or perhaps this isn't an issue?

Cheers

Just dont tell them? You shouldn't have a problem getting a test drive, in fact if you go to your local dealer and ask for the person responsible for fleet sales you may be even able to directly lease through them with no admin fee etc. Thats what happened when I got the Golf...

Associate
This seems like a cheap way to get into a new 5 series!
BMW 5 Series Saloon 520i M SPORT 4dr Auto (Petrol)
SAT NAV (Professional Media), Leather, Bluetooth, Heated Seats, Fr & Rr Sensors, DAB
2 Years Contract Hire
5,000 Miles Per Annum
Initial Rental: £2000 + VAT

23x Monthly Payment: £184.99 + VAT

8,000 Miles Per Annum - £209.99 + VAT

OR

No Initial (1+23)
5,000 Miles Per Annum - £269.99 + VAT

For a £38k motor - 20% of the RRP over 2 years aint bad...
is this not the previous version model.?
similar here deal here: https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/car-leasing/bmw/5_series/saloon/520i_m_sport_4dr_auto/80657.html

Back
Top Bottom