Good lease deals on less than great cars

Man of Honour
Had my 245 ps Octavia vRS order cancelled. Over subscribed at the factory. TBF, I was one of the last orders in from what I can gather. Was offered the 230PS version whch was initially a bit cheaper, but once spec'd to anything like basic of the 245PS, it was a lot more pm....

Oh well....

Out of interest doesn't this sort of scenario scupper people who are bouncing from lease to lease? I like the concept but I can see the variable lead times, cancellations etc causing a lot of hassle when you need to hand back the keys to your current car, but the new one isn't ready yet.

Soldato
I will be coming across this scenario in the summer when my Golf goes back. Currently hunting around for its replacement but I think if you are on the ball and grab a decent deal in advance, the dealership can always hold it for an agreed time period. Worse case scenario you get a cheap runaround until the new one arrives!

Soldato
They definitely could, but they aren't particularly cheap at the moment. Usually a good offer comes along at the start of every quarter though.

Soldato
Looking for an auto medium suv to replace the golf and it's a toss up between 2 completely different cars.

In the VAG corner we have the new karoq 1.5tsi 150bhp DSG with decent levels of equipment and everything we need for £220 a month amortised on 8k pa.

In the Swedish corner the new XC60 which is slightly more bonkers with the 250bhp 2.0 T5 awd for a total cost of around £280 amortised with 5k pa and luxury levels of equipment compared to the karoq (need 8k and will have to pay as next step up to 8k on the deal doesn't make sense)

What would you choose? The sensible karoq right? That's definitely the right decision right? Definitely? Not even consider the Volvo?

Right?

Soldato
Lol I'm in such a dilemma about this! The volvo deal will not hang around whilst the VAG deal will always be available in some entity.

I keep convincing myself either volvo or skoda and I've forgotten which one makes more sense now hence the post!

Are there any SQ7 deals even close to 280 a month?

Soldato
Looking for an auto medium suv to replace the golf and it's a toss up between 2 completely different cars.

In the VAG corner we have the new karoq 1.5tsi 150bhp DSG with decent levels of equipment and everything we need for £220 a month amortised on 8k pa.

In the Swedish corner the new XC60 which is slightly more bonkers with the 250bhp 2.0 T5 awd for a total cost of around £280 amortised with 5k pa and luxury levels of equipment compared to the karoq (need 8k and will have to pay as next step up to 8k on the deal doesn't make sense)

What would you choose? The sensible karoq right? That's definitely the right decision right? Definitely? Not even consider the Volvo?

Right?
XC60 is a really nice bit of kit but completely dull to drive even the T5 version. £280 a month is a good deal though, the list price must be close to 50-75% more than the Karoq right?

Soldato
It's around £25k list for the karoq and £38k for the xc60! So yeah about 50% more.

Just done the maths, skoda is around 21% list price and volvo is around 18%!

Stop convincing me to get the volvo!

Also how much more dull can it be compared to the Karoq?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom