1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good lease deals on less than great cars

Discussion in 'Motors' started by kaptainmarc, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Django x2

Capodecina

my hire car Ford Kuga has touch screen sat nav

2. Antony101

Mobster

Are there any good lease deals out there on the new 5 Series? What are the best sites to check?

3. Daaaavvveee

Wise Guy

4. Trifid

Sgarrista

The lease company expect the value of a 2 year old car (that has yet to have VAT paid) plus the total lease payments (including deposit). If you write a car off in the first year, you should be safe (the insurance pay out up to the full new value of the car). The 2nd year you have a maximum of 12x payments minus the difference of the 2nd year's depreciation (minus VAT?). If there is any difference in this, I don't expect it to be much so have not bothered. From what I've read, the insurance company has sorted the write off between themselves and the lease company. With PCP, it is probably worth getting.

5. Gilbert89

Wise Guy

Can anyone help with this? :)

Any good lease deals knocking about to suit the requirements below? I'm asking for a friend since his current lease is almost over and he is looking for something to replace it.

Requirements
    • Medium sized family hatchback
    • Annual Millage - 6000
    • Fuel Type - Petrol
    • Budget - All of the above for as little £££ as possible
    He ideally would like a Vauxhall Astra but anything in it's class with better numbers would do.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  6. Dav4

Mobster

My local Ford dealer had the 140bhp Focus ST line for £179 down and £179p/m on a special offer which is an excellent deal for a car that’s sticker price is nearly 20k

7. Gilbert89

Wise Guy

That appears to be a decent deal, do you have a link? :)

Thank you

8. Dav4

Mobster

Google your local Ford dealer and then go on there website and check on the offers or leasing section they should have all there current deals on there as some vary depending on location.
    Here’s a similar deal on smart lease for £126 per month but with a bigger deposit.
    http://www.smartlease.co.uk/car-leasing-ford-focus-ecoboost-st-line-5door.html

9. Jony27

Sgarrista

That's something I'd be interested in! Unfortunately, the local dealers don't seem to share the same deal.

10. Muffin`

Caporegime

call up his dealer? they can deliver

edit oh you're in NI - worth a shot or collect from Liverpool docks :D

11. Dav4

Mobster

Yes the prices can vary quite a lot depending on location. When I checked my 3 nearest they all had different prices. I was going to get one myself at that price but they were only available on 3-4 yr contracts. I was only looking for 2yrs max.
    Did you check out the smart lease link I posted above that only works out £500 more over 2 years if the Ford offer is not available by you.
    They also had the new Fiesta ST Line for just under £120 per month

12. Hades

Capodecina

I understand that you have to buy your own insurance with a lease car. I also understand that some leases include maintenance and others do not. But please can someone advise what happens with tax? Is it built into the cost of the lease or would I have to tax the car myself? Thank you.

13. Jony27

Sgarrista

If you're car is less than 3 years old? Which most lease cars are, tax is free afaik.

14. chanjy

Mobster

What!? No... but tax is included with the lease as the car is owned by the leaseco, not by you so you aren't responsible for taxing it.

15. Hades

Capodecina

I think you're referring to the MOT.

Thanks.

16. Jony27

Sgarrista

Oh yes MOT my bad.

17. booyaka

Capodecina

My Golf Gti lease ends November this year (was 2 years and 10k p a) - paying a very low £247 a month - Asked for an extension quote for another year - £198 for 12 months!! No brainer

18. Spunkey

Capodecina

That's a result; there's nothing even close to £250 a month any more on GTIs so averaging £230 over 3 years is brilliant. Which company was it with?

19. booyaka

Capodecina

It was http://www.vehicles4work.com/ originally - even the chap there took the lease on a GTI @ £247 a month (was only 3 down as well)

20. blueboy2001

Mobster

With regards to road tax/VED, it is usually included and the car is taxed by the lease company but it depends on the agreement type.

Contract Hire includes VED, but some companies quote for Operating Lease agreements which usually don’t include tax and it’s down to the user to tax the vehicle. Some companies quote for an operating lease to give a lower headline cost.