Good Omens: Neil Gaiman to adapt Terry Pratchett collaboration for TV

Soldato
I Hope they get someone awesome to direct like Terry Gilliam.
For me, no one has nailed a Pratchett adaptation yet; maybe with Gaiman on board they finally will.

Associate
I really hope they get it right, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for much to be right beyond a story that features Aziraphale and Crowley and a pair of babies switched at birth, one of whom happens to be the anti-Christ.

Five gets you ten the whole thing is moved to some American suburb too.

Soldato
It will be as close to the book as Neil Gaiman can get it (allowing for a screen adaptation). Speaking at Terry Pratchetts Memorial, you could tell he was reluctant. He is about 3/4 of the way through it though and it will come down to everything from Locations to Director to Cast which has to be perfect as its a very personal thing to him/them.

Soldato
Awesome! I love that book and with Amazon and the BBC combining their efforts it should be really good. I'm actually excited. And it'll premier on Prime Video so I don't have to wait for it to reach the beeb.

Caporegime
Ah looks good.

Would be great if amazon/Netflix or HBO had a go at some diskworld books too. I know Sky made some TV specials and the BBC will be attempting something soon but might be nicer if someone with a bigger budget was able to produce a series.

Back
Top Bottom