Good spot to live in the Uk?

Associate
If I had the OPs requirements (and resources), I'd be looking somewhere in the South Downs area (Petersfield, Alton, Meon valley) meaning Portsmouth, Guildford and Basingstoke hospitals are all in commuting distance giving quite a range of NHS and private clinics to plunder work at full contract rate. Beautiful countryside, good schools, easy links to London.

But I already live in this part of the world, albeit with a more modest set of requirements...

Associate
I bet that the OP is a fantasist, and everyone here is falling for his stories hook line and sinker. Hats off to OP he has carried it for many years.

There are many signs OP isn’t what he makes out to be. When you read his past posts / threads there are conflicts in stories and there is no way someone who has such poor grammar has gone through medical school and is a DR / consultant.

Permabanned
I bet that the OP is a fantasist, and everyone here is falling for his stories hook line and sinker. Hats off to OP he has carried it for many years.

There are many signs OP isn’t what he makes out to be. When you read his past posts / threads there are conflicts in stories and there is no way someone who has such poor grammar has gone through medical school and is a DR / consultant.

I suspect he / she / it is much more than a simple fantasist and cite the below for this opinion ;)

"When WE first got pregnant" ?? <LOL> Medical schools, ehh? ;) What did someone saliently say earlier, about rather Googling their condition? :)

Capodecina

Right sorry for the delay, when we first got pregnant I was also shocked how much a pram costs. It's not just a pram, you need a pram, a sleep thing for the first 6 months, a travel car seat, rain cover and all sorts of other junk, It's a rip-off.

I'll let you have the contents of my change jar so you can live mortgage free. You'll have to count, bag and bank it though :p

£70? Damn, that was a bargain! My mother's first house cost her £400 and that was in the 1950s! :)

Ha - posting fail on my part. I did mean £70k (missed the k off), as it was in 2006.

Soldato
So many sweeping assumptions and generalisations here. A very good friend of mine is a consultant anaesthetist, one of the leaders in his field, and just completed a masters in public health. But he can also be one of the stupidest people I know; he's late to everything, can't do DIY to save his life, and regularly makes **** ups like booking flights and hotels for mismatching dates. I can't speak for his spelling but there's no reason why a dyslexic couldn't be a consultant doctor.

If he is trolling then I've no idea what he's getting out of it, but if that's what you think then, as always, just don't feed the troll.

Caporegime
Didn't realise being late was directly related to IQ. Got a source for this?

Also being bad at DIY is also related to IQ?

The guy apparently thought he would help out an ex gf of his by relocating her from Prague to move into his central London flat for "free" to live with him and his current gf whilst this ex gf worked a minimum wage job as a waitress in a cafe.

He also apparently hates his mum yet apparently now wants her to move away with him for free child care yet drives lambos, i8's, Porsches, etc.

There's not any assumptions. It doesn't add up. If you have 2 mill to spend on property. Work as a doctor in a&e where you need to have your eye on the ball at all times not a job like anaesthesia where you do one patient every 2-3 hours and all you need to do is keep them sedated.

He also apparently had his medical degree for 11 years but didn't actually ever work in the field but ran 3 businesses simultaneously. Someone who can run 3 businesses simultaneously should be able to do basic things. So should an a&e doctor.

Also he has been asked before for pictures of his lambo and surprise surprise. You won't find any.

Caporegime
I still remember the time when Psycho Sonny got upset when I wouldn't trade with him a pair of Sennheiser headphones that I didn't like personally but he wanted (my brand new pair that I tried on once, for his old used pair). Apparently he was entitled to it because he gave the heads up of stock.

p.s. I gave those away for nothing in the end. :p

Caporegime
I remember the time Raymond Lin gave terrible medical advice during a pandemic. He refused to acknowledge it and then tried to deflect from it and then even when provided evidence by several members said he had ignored me instead of acknowledging his mistake.

Caporegime
I remember the time Raymond Lin gave terrible medical advice during a pandemic. He refused to acknowledge it and then tried to deflect from it and then even when provided evidence by several members said he had ignored me instead of acknowledging his mistake.

Someone having a hissy fit? :D lol

I ignored you because I have you on ignore, duh ! Plus you tell so many lies it is hard to keep track. That's why I put you on ignore. As for Dr. House, I knew him when the new forum started, before the nuke, before you joined, when we were both in uni, when he went to Medical school. When he had his little business back in uni and then sold it. All happened before you were even here back in 2002/2003.

p.s. I only see your posts here now because you have been referenced many time by others.

Soldato
Back to the original problem though, you're going to have an absolute mare trying to find two properties in a desirable rural location at the moment with that sort of budget. Everyone I know that bought London property >10 years ago is in the process of cashing out and moving to the country.....
That's because if you bought a house in London >10yrs ago you've seen stupendous gains. Probably much like his parents. I couldn't care less if he's a fantasist or not. Parents with a 900k house in Chiswick/Hammersmith is completely normal, it's actually fairly low for the area if anything. If they lumped him some money to buy a flat a good few years ago then it'd be quite realistic for that to be worth 700k+ now (vague obvs). If he's young enough then he can stretch a mortgage out and buy something worth 900k without any trouble whatsoever.

There's no reason to hate the guy, hate the property market that allowed a bunch of boomers to become zillionaires for no good reason. Then those boomers help out their offspring and we keep the status quo of lucky few getting richer whilst everyone else watches house prices climb out of reach.

Back to the point, I'd be looking around Somerset/Bath especially because you'd probably like the idea of a fast train back to London. But really you could go anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom