Good Thermal Pastes?

Associate
I got some Kyronaut Thermal Grizzly for a recent 9900K upgrade, seems pretty good, just now seen 26c at idle with a few browser pages open. That's only with a cheap Pure Rock CPU cooler with extra fan mod as well, temporary until I get a Dark Rock one or better, but it's doing the trick pretty well so far.

Only point to note is it was quite weird consistency to the point I used the recommended spreader technique rather than a blob or IMB X that I'd usually use. Have to say, I actually quite liked the spreader technique for feeling assured of coverage before putting the heat sink on.

Associate
OP
I got some Kyronaut Thermal Grizzly for a recent 9900K upgrade, seems pretty good, just now seen 26c at idle with a few browser pages open. That's only with a cheap Pure Rock CPU cooler with extra fan mod as well, temporary until I get a Dark Rock one or better, but it's doing the trick pretty well so far.

Only point to note is it was quite weird consistency to the point I used the recommended spreader technique rather than a blob or IMB X that I'd usually use. Have to say, I actually quite liked the spreader technique for feeling assured of coverage before putting the heat sink on.

I'm watching videos now, Seems kinda weird to me spreading it lol. I'm used to doing a blob in the middle

Associate
As weird as it seems the spreader is really good and it doesn't have much viscosity so it doesn't leak or spread out funnily.

I think Der Bauer designed the paste and application method, so I thought I'd just trust his expertise. I'm not particularly dextrous but it genuinely is easy to apply and it felt less 'slippery' than other paste when putting the cooler back on too.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom