Good travel forums?

Soldato
Since OCUK does not have a travel forum section (it would be cool to add one *hint* *hint*) can anyone recommend the best place to get travel advice at all? I haven't done any for years and I'd love to be able to ask some simple questions of people who are much more experienced when it comes to travel.

Associate
Lonely Planet's 'Thorntree' forums would be a useful place to start. You can filter by continent, country, specific interests etc. Or Trip Advisor as ^ which has subforums for just about everywhere.

I am sure there are plenty of members on here who could assist you though.

Caporegime
Just post a thread in GD.

If you put Hong Kong in the title then you'll summon Raymond Lin to dish out advice and use it as an excuse to post some rather nice pictures.

If you're interested in North Korea or indeed just about any other dodgy country out there then chances are Mickey Flinn has been there, cycled across it, organises tours to it and has an entire photo album too.

If you post about Las Vegas then you'll summon Rotty and for bonus points - if you mention the words "Grand Canyon" and "Helicopter" in the same post then you'll trigger TW Fox! :D

If you mention an exclusive resort, private island etc.. then Crinkleshoes and Housey can probably help.

As for any Eastern European capital, half of GD will have been there on a stag do and can tell you exactly which strip clubs they got completely ripped off in...

Soldato

If you put Hong Kong in the title then you'll summon Raymond Lin to dish out advice and use it as an excuse to post some rather nice pictures.

If you're interested in North Korea or indeed just about any other dodgy country out there then chances are Mickey Flinn has been there, cycled across it, organises tours to it and has an entire photo album too.

If you post about Las Vegas then you'll summon Rotty and for bonus points - if you mention the words "Grand Canyon" and "Helicopter" in the same post then you'll trigger TW Fox! :D

If you mention an exclusive resort, private island etc.. then Crinkleshoes and Housey can probably help.

As for any Eastern European capital, half of GD will have been there on a stag do and can tell you exactly which strip clubs they got completely ripped off in...
Can't believe how well you summed this up. I was just going to say "Ask Raymond Lin"... :D

Soldato
FlyerTalk Forums is my favourite travel forum. If you want some advice on a specific subject from a Brit living abroad somewhere, British Expats Forum can also be very useful.

Soldato
OP

Hah. Thanks :). I actually want to go travelling around Africa.

Back
Top Bottom