Good vodka to drink straight

Associate
Got bottle of grey goose for Xmas, not as good as people make it out to be.
I used to love the blue label smirnoff, might buy some.

Grey Goose is pretty mundane vodka. A couple of rappers name-drop it in their songs, and now those celebrity nightclubs sell it for hundreds of pounds a bottle. ..
Smirnoff Blue or Black label are much better, IMHO.

Soldato
Zubrowka is also very good mixed with a good quality apple juice. My Polish mates call the drink a 'Tatanka' (Bison).

I was first introduced to this drink many years ago after a particularly heavy night out. I went back round my Polish friends house who cooked us all up a big fry-up and plonked a pint of what I thought was apple juice in front of me. I was happily knocking it down with my breakfast and was surprised to see my awful hangover lift. After a while I realised I was a little tipsy, for him then to tell me it had a third of a pint of Zubrowka in it. :D

Could not taste the alcohol in it at all.

Soldato
So had a few Green Mark voddies last night, mixed with slimline tonic and I feel totally rough today. Only bought it as it was £2 off at £14.

Should have spent the extra two quid on Finlandia. Never feel rough after Finlandia.

Permabanned
wodka zoladkowa gorzka

Even my sister and mother can drink it straight. Doesn't really taste like vodka, more a vodka liqueur. That is best and second to drink straight would be the bison grass vodka already mentioned.

Probably get that first one in a Polish shop, get the orange one.

Soldato
Grey Goose I find incredibly smooth.

Chase Vodka is great, but got to be in the mood for it. They do some interesting flavours too, if you want some bacon flavoured Vodka get their smoked variety! The Bramley Apple isn't half bad, although generally combine with a bit of lemonade for this one.

Final recommendation is Absolut Elyx, got given this, and it is a good Vodka compared to their other stuff, worth a try if you can get some. And a Lovely bottle to go with it.

Soldato
Stolichnaya Gold or Ketel One. I love Stoli :D

SKY was okay, not that great. Never rated Russian Standard or Grey Goose - not neat anyway, both work well in cocktails.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Crystal Head and really want to try some - if I hate it at least the bottle is exceedingly cool.

Soldato
I really want to try Royal dragon vodka, just for the bottle. Or there's the vodka that you get a real scorpion in, though that's supposedly not that great.

I like grey goose because it's smooth. I've just ordered a bottle of toffee vodka from Kin vodka here in the lake district after i tasted it at a food show last week, it's dangerously tasty!

Back
Top Bottom