Good website for renting a Villa in EU or Villa Holiday.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Couple of years ago I stayed in a couple of incredible Villa's in Thailand on the island of Koh Samui, one was called the "The View" and it was appropriate named.

Now I normally leave booking of holidays to someone else, but next year is my turn and I need a Villa ideally that conforms to the following as its my turn to pay:

- 4-5 double bedrooms ideally some with en suites
- Large pool, infinity pool would be bonus as would jacuzzi
- Sea views
- Any EU country that is warm in September, ideally 25c minimum maximum of 4-5hr flight time from UK.
- Length 14 days
- Budget upto £10,000 just for the Villa, flights booked separately by the guest.

Now I know of James Villas and booking.com, I was wondering if there of any other good sites or any villas people here can personally recommend and share contact details please, or maybe even a nice large villa owned by a forum member and you want to rent it out.

Portugal, Corfu, Cyprus, Italy, Menorca, Mallorca, Croatia, Egypt, Tenerife, Spain and Turkey are all options and more all that really matters is its hot in September, dry/sunny and less than 5hr flight ideally.

It shall be more a relaxed holiday rather than a crazy party as I am going Thailand in June to celebrate my 40th so that shall be crazy party which someone else is booking and this shall be more a chilling relaxing holiday, more chill at villa, beach, go to nice restaurants and boat trips.

So any website or suggestions, please shoot. :)

Soldato
I just trawl through the HomeAway and Owners Direct sites. Usually do a Villa holiday with extended family at least once a year, so have plenty of experience.

I think the best one I have stayed at that meets your criteria is https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Vacat...e_the_House_among_olive_trees-Acharavi_C.html
That one

The owner is a really nice guy, and used to run a big hotel on Corfu, it's in a quiet spot but plenty of parking and easy to get out to the bigger resorts if you fancy it. It's well appointed throughout and has daily maid service, he did have a crap TV, not that we cared since it was never used.

OcUK Staff
OP
If you find something on there be sure to check other sites and see if same place listed

The one we stayed at above was 20% cheaper on homeaway than it was on Airbnb

Yeah my shortlist on homeaway is still around 20 Villa's, what an epic site it is, so much selection and good prices.

The villas I've found are in:
- Crete
- Rhodes
- Cyprus
- Corfu
- South Italy
- Spain, Alicante
- Corsica
- Turkey
- Croatia

As we shall be going middle September, Turkey and Cyprus are favourite for warmer weather, ideally 25c plus as the other places can drop to high teens or low twenties. Turkey particular Kalkan seems nice and Cyprus also very nice with lots of offerings. :)

Soldato
We have used Home away twice in the last three years for 4 bed / 8 people villas and plenty of choice with varying degrees of budgets catered for

At your budget I'd have thought infinity pool, views, modern villa with "extras" such as games / cinema room would be more than achievable

After holidaying in the Algarve earlier this year I'd take a look as a starting point :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the advice, the sites suggested here helped and a villa has been chosen, just sorting some finer details with owner and then shall be booked. :)

Caporegime
Highly recommended Cyprus - my partners parents live there and they were on FaceTime earlier today bemoaning the high temperature!

Not bad for late October.

Current BBC forecast for this week in Paphos (which is costal, inland being considerably warmer) is ~26c in the shade....

Back
Top Bottom