• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Goodbye City-Link, hello DHL

Godfather
Godfather
DHL UK Home Delivery Service now available at OcUK. As part of our ongoing commitment to improve service standards we are pleased to announce the availability of the next day (Mon-Fri, Sat at extra cost) DHL Home Delivery for our UK customers. The DHL Home Delivery Service is a dedicated residential service that delivers between 7am and 9pm Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings before noon.

In a radical departure from usual courier practice if you are not at home when the driver calls you will be left a card with the drivers mobile number so that delivery can take place later that day. DHL have been selected due to their outstanding reputation as a provider of reliable courier services and are now handling the bulk of our UK and International business. DHL represents a premium delivery option at and I'm pleased to report that that delivery prices in many cases have actually reduced.

DHL UK Delivery is available with immediate effect from just £6.99 +VAT.

Soldato
At least that explains why my i7 order says DHL Saturday and not City Link.

Pretty sad to see City Link go though. They have always been awesome for me. Just hope DHL have improved since I last used them.

Edit: Just thinking, never got an email with DHL tracking today. I guess because of the change from City Link its not updated yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
At least that explains why my i7 order says DHL Saturday and not City Link.

Pretty sad to see City Link go though. They have always been awesome for me. Just hope DHL have improved since I last used them.

Edit: Just thinking, never got an email with DHL tracking today. I guess because of the change from City Link its not updated yet?

I just noticed that it's DHL as well, and I also didn't get a tracking number (or even a dispatch email, although the website says the order is complete)...

Hopefully I'll be able to see how good DHL are in cheltenham tomorrow :p

Associate
no more citylink? i may start using OCUK again, citylink are just terrible and i tend to avoid online stores that use them but now, yay!

Associate
Hmm last few orders from city link:-

Last one they gave me a bashed Motherboard unfortunately it was in a bag so I couldnt tell until it was opened, and called me up an hour later asking why I hadnt signed for delivery when they literally asked for ID, gave me my box and drove off...

Time before that I had the day off work and they left their card outside my door saying they tried to deliver and I wasnt in, without knocking or ringing the bell....

Later found out this was common for them to not ring so they can just drive by and leave cards at the door so that they can say they met their delivery quota, without having to hang around and physically hand items over...

never had faults with DHL

Associate
You'd think DHL would make it easy to find where the delivery depots are on their website...
A quick search of online yellow pages suggests my nearest depot will be a 72 mile round trip!

Soldato
Time before that I had the day off work and they left their card outside my door saying they tried to deliver and I wasnt in, without knocking or ringing the bell....

Yup, I've taken days off work where i've literally been working at a PC that's right by the front door... then finding out later in the day that they "tried to deliver, but no one answered"

Shoddy, unprofessional and the worst service i've ever known.

Roll on DHL (although different DHL options might be nice)...

Associate
My firm use couriers all the time.

City Link = Sh***y Link

UPS = Oops - as in "Oops we've lost your parcel"

DHL = Documents Hopelessly Lost

The DHL comment came from one of their own employees!

Glad you've ditched City Link - they were crap back in the mid '90's and have not improved.

Soldato
Thought i'd update to say my order arrived around 11:20 ish from a very friendly chap, one happy customer here :p

(Citylink are/were fine in bristol and cheltenham, but utterly shocking in east sussex)

Associate
City link were responsible for more hassle for me then any other courier i never had a delivery that didn't first start with finding their card with the old "we tried to deliver blah blah" when no one had rung the bell or knocked. Any company that bins them automatically goes higher up in my choice of places to buy nice one OcUK.

Back
Top Bottom