• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Goodbye City-Link, hello DHL

Permabanned
DHL UK Home Delivery Service now available at OcUK. As part of our ongoing commitment to improve service standards we are pleased to announce the availability of the next day (Mon-Fri, Sat at extra cost) DHL Home Delivery for our UK customers. The DHL Home Delivery Service is a dedicated residential service that delivers between 7am and 9pm Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings before noon.

In a radical departure from usual courier practice if you are not at home when the driver calls you will be left a card with the drivers mobile number so that delivery can take place later that day. DHL have been selected due to their outstanding reputation as a provider of reliable courier services and are now handling the bulk of our UK and International business. DHL represents a premium delivery option at and I'm pleased to report that that delivery prices in many cases have actually reduced.

DHL UK Delivery is available with immediate effect from just £6.99 +VAT.

Nice gimmick but sadly where i live they never answer their phone / reply to the txt message you send. Thats if they even turn up...

Soldato
Doesn't seem to have taken long for the horror stories to emerge with DHL. Sounds like a mistake to me, speaking as someone who never had any problems with Citylink

Soldato
Can we have City-link back please....

My £260 CPU arrived today, soaken wet. Box in tatters, and the whole packaging and inside the CPU, was soaken wet. Kudos to ocUK, they've shipped me out another one asap. :) But if this is the sign of things to come from DHL, I dispair! Oh and it was also a day late..... I pick Monday and it arrives Tuesday? What the.... :mad:

Not ocUK's fault, but let down again by delivery people! The driver also had no explaination as to why it was soaken wet. Idiots!

Soldato
DHL came today to me for the first time with OCUK. Driver was a really nice guy and very polite. Box was perfect as were the contents. So glad OCUK ditched Citylink as few weeks ago had a package from them only after calling their offices to ask where was my before noon delivery to be told that Citylinks driver had reported I had already signed for it!!! He had forged my signature and was waiting around the corner and magically appeared less than 1 minute after I put the phone down!!

DHL= Repeat business from me (unless they turn bad).
Citylink= No business from me. Ever again.

Soldato
DHL came today to me for the first time with OCUK. Driver was a really nice guy and very polite. Box was perfect as were the contents. So glad OCUK ditched Citylink as few weeks ago had a package from them only after calling their offices to ask where was my before noon delivery to be told that Citylinks driver had reported I had already signed for it!!! He had forged my signature and was waiting around the corner and magically appeared less than 1 minute after I put the phone down!!

DHL= Repeat business from me (unless they turn bad).
Citylink= No business from me. Ever again.

Can I have your delivery guy. lol

Associate
Can we have City-link back please....

My £260 CPU arrived today, soaken wet. Box in tatters, and the whole packaging and inside the CPU, was soaken wet. Kudos to ocUK, they've shipped me out another one asap. :) But if this is the sign of things to come from DHL, I dispair! Oh and it was also a day late..... I pick Monday and it arrives Tuesday? What the.... :mad:

Not ocUK's fault, but let down again by delivery people! The driver also had no explaination as to why it was soaken wet. Idiots!

Should have not signed for it and made them take it back and get OCUK to send you new goods.

Soldato
I had an order to be delivered today and I noticed the switch to DHL.
I managed to track it online very easily, but they was having server problems in my area.
Anyway, I new they delivered up to 9PM but had given up hope past 8.30 and then the door bell went and 8.50 and there was my parcel.

He was doing one more drop today as well, but it seems he didn't start till 3PM.
I'm not bothered about them being late and I like the idea of being able to call drivers phone.
Lets be honest it maybe easier if the rang before they tried to do a drop.

Associate
Hopefully a good move.

City Link were are an absolute shower!!!! Once, checking the tracking system I was interested to see the driver had been, runfg the bell and left a note. Needless to say Iwas in when he supposedly did all this - no bell, no knock, no note. One City Link misadventure amongst many.

When you finally get round to their distribution centre it is an absolute mess with with a bunch of knuckle draggers playikng footy with the odd parcel.

Their only saving grace was that the depot was only a few miles form where I lived.

Strange to say the only distribution and parcel company that have given me consistenly excellent service has been RM and Parcel Force. Missed deliveries are always easy to pick up formthe local sorting office. I've never had anything go missing from that 'amazing' online book retailer with them, and they send out blinking millions of small parcels.

Soldato
i've never had problems with city link but have with royail mail. so it really depends on your area and the driver mate. DHL may be a godsend to u, but a total nightmare for others.

their is no "best" delivery company out their. they are all the same and i have heard horror stories in every company.

Soldato
Should have not signed for it and made them take it back and get OCUK to send you new goods.

Aye it's all sorted. I spoke to ocUK straight away and said I was opening it up as it may have just been the outer packaging. But it was all ruined inside as well. The replacement arrived today so all is well! :D

Soldato
i like city link better (mainly because i know where to depo is to collect it) but i did have 1 box from them that was 'battered' but unlike Firegod's post the contents inside were in perfect condiction so this was ok

does any1 know where my nearest DHL depo would be (DY5 area) between stourbridge - dudley?

Associate
I guess it all depends on your area, though my experience with city link was patchy at best. Cards dropped without knocking, in particular. I like the idea of having the driver's mobile and being able to rearrange for later that same day - annoyed me that citylink would leave the card without knocking, then all you could do is ask for delivery the *next* day, after you'd taken a day off or something to ensure you were there in the first place!

Got a mobo being delivered tomorrow so will give some central london feedback on the dhl service :)

Back
Top Bottom