Goodwood FoS 2013

Associate
Went today and going again tomorrow with my dad. Anyone else going/gone?

Managed to be about 2ft away from Emerson Fittipaldi & co whilst they fired up the JPS Lotus' for him.

I'll post up some video's and pictures later.

Man of Honour
Been a few times, not for a few year now however as it's got a bit too crowded. The Revival however...now there is a great event.

Associate
OP
Been a few times, not for a few year now however as it's got a bit too crowded. The Revival however...now there is a great event.

It wasn't too bad today, they've expanded rather a lot so theres more space, especially with the rally stage.

Definitely heading to the revival with the gf and some mates!

Soldato
you can't do the whole thing in a day.

Yeah you can, easily. Get there early, walk round the paddock, watch all the runs the first time moving slowly up the hill, then get there for the rallying, then back down the hill for the final run; then walk round the stands and go home at 6. Done it for many years.

Associate
OP
Yeah you can, easily. Get there early, walk round the paddock, watch all the runs the first time moving slowly up the hill, then get there for the rallying, then back down the hill for the final run; then walk round the stands and go home at 6. Done it for many years.

We get there early, and have done the same, but it was nice today to not have to rush about the paddocks and could have a good look

Associate

That's not everything though. If you want to sample some of the "experiences" then you've got to queue for a while, which if you're just there for a day isn't really practical. Yesterday I would have liked to have had a ride in the Bowlers but couldn't really spare the time and would have liked to be able to spend more time looking round the manufacturer stands. It'd be nice not to feel to have to rush around as well.

Next year I think I'll head down for the weekend and spend a day doing the experiences and looking at stands, a day just sat by the track (probably on the mound) drinking, then a morning of the rally cars and watch the final hot runs up the hill.

Soldato
I've just got back. One day isn't enough and I wish I could have stayed for tomorrow.

We covered most of the events but only for a short time.

Hopefully I'll get to go again for the weekend next year. Now planning for the Revival :)

Soldato
Just got back I still didn't get see everything I wanted tho, missed slot of the track action :( and didn't get a chance spend all the time I would have liked. But a great day, next time sooo go Thursday and Friday as it was damn busy.

Soldato
I had a great time on Thursday, I absolutely love the new S class, it makes the A8 look so dull and the XJ dated already. Sitting in the Mulsanne and pretending I was rich for a few minutes was also a highlight.

Soldato
you mean like this?

SAM_1298.JPG

It was just coming back into the pits.

Associate
Went on Friday for the first time...amazing! The drive in was great following a Koenigsegg and the walk through the car park was pretty decent alone...so I knew it would be a good day :) Didn't get to see it all though, simply too much to do and see in a day!

Hard to pick a highlight, but the Ferrari F40 was simply stunning and dominated the Veyron is was parked next too :)

Soldato
Went on Friday for the first time...amazing! The drive in was great following a Koenigsegg and the walk through the car park was pretty decent alone...so I knew it would be a good day :) Didn't get to see it all though, simply too much to do and see in a day!

Hard to pick a highlight, but the Ferrari F40 was simply stunning and dominated the Veyron is was parked next too :)

Your highlight from the FoS was an F40?

Back
Top Bottom