Google accounts never stay signed in

Soldato
In the past I've had my Google Mail account all the time in my browser and it would just stay signed in unless I explicitly signed out of my account but recently every time I close my browser it automatically signs me out of my account. I guess this is good for security but it is a pain in the arse to deal with.

Do you have to set the option when receiving the SMS message for the account to remember the computer for 30 days for it to stay signed in these days? I swear I never had to do that in the past.

Soldato
On both Chrome and Firefox I'm still signed in, and haven't required a re-sign in for a very long time. Are you sure you just don't have some sort of extension or something auto deleting cookies?

Soldato
OP
On both Chrome and Firefox I'm still signed in, and haven't required a re-sign in for a very long time. Are you sure you just don't have some sort of extension or something auto deleting cookies?

Pretty sure. I haven't changed anything with my Chrome extensions in the last year unless one of them automatically updated and screwed things up without me noticing. I have Chrome to auto sync everything with my Google account so my Chrome install should be identical across devices and reformats. It worked fine before I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it doesn't. It is very weird. I hardly ever change settings in my browser because I have them all set up right for me and they sync automatically.

Soldato
You need to pick the option to remember the device your using when you sign in, otherwise if you're using two factor it will ask for a code each time you close the browser.

Back
Top Bottom