Google Allo

Associate
Probably because it's YET another app that does the same thing as the 3 or 4 apps we already have that do the same thing. That is why I personally can't be bothered to try it. The whole messaging thing is out of hand.

Associate
It's not really an SMS replacement though, it won't do sms to people who don't have the app. It has more lax security than WhatsApp. Those are it's two failings for me personally.

Soldato
Ah my bad I thought it did.

Regards security yeah I saw its disabled by default which is rather disappointing. Don't understand why they would do this unless pressured by the security services?

Permabanned
Reading that already some important improvements/updates on the way, including integration with the excellent video calling app, Google Duo (currently Allo does not have even an audio calling feature). Duo allows for audio calling only when video call bandwidth not sufficient.

I believe that the really big upside to Allo is the continued improvement expected in Google Assistant, such that it really becomes a great assistant.

I have a very open mind about Allo and I have already begun using it in place of Hangouts with a number of friends.

Back
Top Bottom