google employee's internal diversity memo goes viral

Soldato
Now I'm no scientist, hell I don't even have a degree, but isn't a lot of this just common sense?

I mean to have 50/50 split in anything would, at the very least I imagine, mean having exactly the same level of interest from both males and females?

Caporegime
Well you've got to hand it to the SJWs... they've tied everyone up in knots. From those who are afraid to say anything, to those who are now arguing meta points about the nature of existence... nobody is getting anywhere, and everybody is angry with everyone else :p

It's brilliant.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well you've got to hand it to the SJWs... they've tied everyone up in knots. From those who are afraid to say anything, to those who are now arguing meta points about the nature of existence... nobody is getting anywhere, and everybody is angry with everyone else :p

It's brilliant.

I wonder how bad it is yet to become.

Caporegime
who knows but either way unless you start forcing women to do roles they dont want to then the numbers aren't going to change

Not really, they are and have changed (for "better" and "worse") based on a variety of factors - societal norms changing, advocacy and guidance being just three of the myriad of reasons.

What's interesting about this is it has brought it to the forefront of things, which I guess is the main reason he wrote it, even if the exposure was bigger than anticipated. It's lead to some interesting discussion and will hopefully educate both sides (I've certainly learned a lot) to the issues, whether his points were right or wrong (seemingly it's a bit of a mix).

Soldato
Google town hall cancelled after safety concerns.

Something something free speech?

In other news, the writer probably should have been fired for lying on his CV rather than this nonsense.
I don't see the part where it mentions his CV, just his LinkedIn profile.

I'm also not surprised he didn't respond to wireds request for an interview from the tone of that article they would have been less than generous. In only a few paragraphs they've managed to misrepresent the article he wrote as well as bring up this entirely unrelated discrepancy between his university qualifications and details on a social media site. If he had actually been fired for that and had lied about the reason for his dismissal the it would have been entirely relevant but this wasn't the reason Google gave.

Caporegime
But nowhere near as pathetic as alt-right idiots doxxing Google employees going to the 'town hall' meeting.

These people are the first to complain about free speech when someone like Milo Yiannopoulos isn't allowed to speak at University's.

Associate
It's too late now. It's become far too sectarian.

You dare to express any sort of opinion that does not fit the narrative and you face hit pieces, vilification and potentially people trying to disrupt your life and get you fired.

So now we are getting a situation where people are just getting angrier and angrier. We all know where this is going.

Associate
But nowhere near as pathetic as alt-right idiots doxxing Google employees going to the 'town hall' meeting.

These people are the first to complain about free speech when someone like Milo Yiannopoulos isn't allowed to speak at University's.
As if doxxing is exclusively the forté of the alt-right.

As if bombarding someone's employer with demands for their sacking is exclusively an alt-right activity.

Pathetic people and their pathetic lives.

Associate

Yes I agree.

However a company leaking a recently fired employees details to the media? Thats A-ok in SJW world, no bad tactics, only bad targets remember!

Associate
Leaking? The guy came forward for Youtube 'interviews' pretty much straight away

It's not hard to google his name and find his Linkdin

He did the videos after his name was leaked and used in articles.

But on the subject for googling details, all those who were doxed yesterday had that information available on their twitter bios. So I guess thats fine then.

The whole doxing thing is nonsense anyway, the conference was streamed. The real reason was that their internal metrics showed that support was behind the engineer and that support had to be de-platformed asap before more ********** got melted.

Soldato
It's quite possible there are many people at Google who don't swing hugely to the left, but do believe in the classic left rallying cry of "I don't support what you say, but I do support your right to say it". They may very well be dismayed that someone got fired for raising points that should have been discussed rather than punished. I think it's quite possible that Google management have badly misjudged the situation by only paying attention to the vocal minority, but the quiet majority are now wondering if this sort of thing could happen to them.

Soldato
I don't see the part where it mentions his CV, just his LinkedIn profile.

A LinkedIn profile pretty much is your CV these days if you work in tech. There's even support for recruiters to download your profile in a CV-style format.

I used the word probably for a reason though. Perhaps the fake PhD got added after he joined Google.

Soldato
Let's be honest, it's a ******* joke, the guy should never have been fired, it's just beautiful evidence of the climate that the left have managed push onto everyone else. No room at all for different opinions, if you don't agree, you're basically a nazi/bigot/homophobe..

Back
Top Bottom