Google Home help needed!

Soldato
Hi all, hoping for a little advice...

I've bought my son a Google Home mini for Christmas, and wanted a nice stereo to go with it.

I want him to be able stream music on demand using the Google Home, to the stereo. Do I need a Chromecast enabled device? With a budget of £100 I'm not looking for, or expecting, top audiophile sound quality, nice a nice unit.

Something along the lines of this: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio...anel-hi-fi-system-gun-metal-10155864-pdt.html

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Associate
Honestly I would not expect that particular device to have sound quality any better than the full size google home, which has surprisingly good sound quality (unless you're looking for a lot of bass, which would be pretty well impossible from such a tiny speaker). With vocals, jazz, classical, some pop, the google home sounds terrific. I have one. You hear it rendering sax and trumpet and you say "That can't be coming from that little air freshener". Quite impressive.

If you want to stream to another device from it and noticeably improve sound quality you'll need to pay a heck of a lot more than 80 squids.

Back
Top Bottom