**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I guess the benefit of getting the 6P through Vodafone was that they're dealing with the RMA, not Huawei.
Sounds like excellent news on your end. I've read about Huawei's CS and it is rather poor overall. The whole situation with 6P's and Google/Huawei being such a pain to repair these devices is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth I must confess.

Associate
Just had my 6P develop the dreaded bootloop issue. I bought the phone on an O2 contract from mobiles.co.uk back in October 2015. Any idea who I should contact first? Mobiles.co.uk, O2, Google or Huawei?

Soldato
Google are unlikely to touch it if they didn't sell it.

I tried Google with my CPW 6P when I thought the charger had broke. He helped sorting it (it was just a quick-charging software glitch) but not before stressing that if it was a hardware fault that I'd have to go through CPW.

Try Google - worst they can do is refuse. If required then try Mobiles.co.uk and Huawei and if they are unable to help (or more likely are rubbish) then try to plead with Google stating your position with Mobiles or Huawei.

Associate
Thanks for the advice guys. I pass an O2 shop on my way home from work, I might just pop in there first and see what they say. Worst comes to the worst I have a mobile phone insurance policy through my bank, I could claim on that.

Soldato
I'm sure mine is going through the battery faster these days, starting to need to charge it mid day.
Does anyone still make a phone with a replaceable battery.

Soldato
I'm sure mine is going through the battery faster these days, starting to need to charge it mid day.
Does anyone still make a phone with a replaceable battery.
Mine certainly is. Whilst Accubattery reports my battery health is at 84% I am always suspicious of such 'apps' and their reports. I confess I've been looking at 6P battery replacement guides lately as I have one on the way for my Samsung Tab S8.4 tablet...

As for removable batteries the LG V20 and Moto G5 definitely do.

Soldato
Got my 6P back from Vodafone after 2 weeks. They replaced the motherboard to fix the bootloop issue. They also gave it a clean up and fixed the power button rattle I had :)

Can get rid of this iPhone I've been using now!

Associate
Got my 6P back from Vodafone after 2 weeks. They replaced the motherboard to fix the bootloop issue. They also gave it a clean up and fixed the power button rattle I had :)

Can get rid of this iPhone I've been using now!

Huawei managed to sort mine out and get it back to me after 4 days, very impressed.

Soldato
I'm getting a very annoying issue with my 6P. When I'm listening to music using Play Music and my wireless headphones I put the phone in my pocket and then it keeps unlocking in my pocket. It skips tracks, opens apps from desktop etc. I don't remember having this issue before.

I played around with it in my hand on my walk home today and it's doing without being in my pocket. The display shows the lock screen and because music is playing it can stop, change tracks etc. But also it seems it can totally unlock and then it can randomly so anything if it is in my pocket and gets 'touched'

I don't remember ever having this issue before. Is it just because of the music player being active. Any way to stop this happening?

Soldato
My GFs 6p is shutting off at anywhere from 30-40%. Bought around release in 2015 from CPW, anyone had look in getting one replaced after a year has passed?

We're digging out the receipt when we had back home, pretty sure we still have it.

Bit of a joke really, my 6 from 2014 is still perfectly fine and been running for almost 3 years now.

Soldato
I'm getting a very annoying issue with my 6P. When I'm listening to music using Play Music and my wireless headphones I put the phone in my pocket and then it keeps unlocking in my pocket. It skips tracks, opens apps from desktop etc. I don't remember having this issue before.

I played around with it in my hand on my walk home today and it's doing without being in my pocket. The display shows the lock screen and because music is playing it can stop, change tracks etc. But also it seems it can totally unlock and then it can randomly so anything if it is in my pocket and gets 'touched'

I don't remember ever having this issue before. Is it just because of the music player being active. Any way to stop this happening?

Ahhh this is annoying as hell. So much randomness in my pocket. It's not just music players causing this. It's been going off in my pocket all day.

I've checked adaptive display is off and all the other things google searches find but still the same. I might have to do a factory reset or something mehhh.

Soldato
Had it for the past month or so now... You sure your OS language is set to UK Engrish? There are some ways to apparently to resolve this without setting your language to US English (this does work but it sometimes vanishes upon setting it back to UK English). Looking for the solution now.

Edit: Try clearing the Google app's data. - This worked on a friends 6P a few days ago that I couldn't get the assistant onto. After I did this, a reboot revealed the little bugger. Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/6c9sfb/for_anyone_still_without_google_assistant/

Soldato
Ahhh this is annoying as hell. So much randomness in my pocket. It's not just music players causing this. It's been going off in my pocket all day.

I've checked adaptive display is off and all the other things google searches find but still the same. I might have to do a factory reset or something mehhh.
Phew! Not just my 6P then. This has happened to me more and more in the last few months. I guess it has been since I dropped the phone from a small height and smashed the screen.

My phone once dialled home and my brother returned the call to ask if I'd called home. :confused::o

Looking to get either the S8 or Pixel 2/OP5 depending on reviews and prices.

Back
Top Bottom