**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Has anyone had their gyroscope/compass stop working? I've downloaded a few sensor test apps and none of them are reporting any readings from the sensors.

I've tried doing a factory reset and flashing different roms, same problem :(

Soldato
Did you flash the O beta by anychance?

Yep, was running the O beta. Flashed back to an N based rom and none of the sensors worked.

I then flashed back to Stock N, sensors still didn't work. Then I opted back into the O beta and the sensors work again :p

Is there a procedure to going back to N without breaking it?

Soldato
Yep, was running the O beta. Flashed back to an N based rom and none of the sensors worked.

I then flashed back to Stock N, sensors still didn't work. Then I opted back into the O beta and the sensors work again :p

Is there a procedure to going back to N without breaking it?

Yep you need to grab the 7.1.2 factory images, flash it through fastboot, Boot the phone up, Skip past all the setup, Go to backup & reset in settings, do a reset from there. I had to do the factory reset twice for mine to work again.

After that you should be able to restore a TWRP backup if you have one.

Soldato
Yep you need to grab the 7.1.2 factory images, flash it through fastboot, Boot the phone up, Skip past all the setup, Go to backup & reset in settings, do a reset from there. I had to do the factory reset twice for mine to work again.

After that you should be able to restore a TWRP backup if you have one.

Thanks, did the job :)

Soldato
Anyone running the Android O Beta on their 6P? I upgraded a week ago and finding it's slowed my phone down a lot. Even just unlocking it, there's a delay before the screen comes to life.

Its not uncommon on the early betas. I've had it when using the early betas on the previous versions but suddenly the closer betas are lightning quick, I assume theres quite a lot of debug code in there still. Mine does feel a little sluggish on O too.

Soldato
Mine was pretty sluggish on Android O, phone locked up a few times as well. Ended up going back to PureNexus. See my post above though, seems there's a problem when reverting back.

Soldato
For some reason my 6P was not charging at all with the USB-PD charger that came with it, and the Anker one as well. But both worked on my Switch just fine. Charging with a normal 2A charger works but anything faster it wasn't even detecting the cable is connected. Rebooted the phone and it seems to have fixed it. Googling around, is this common? Freaked me out when I had to leave for work but the phone was only around 40% :p.

Soldato
For some reason my 6P was not charging at all with the USB-PD charger that came with it, and the Anker one as well. But both worked on my Switch just fine. Charging with a normal 2A charger works but anything faster it wasn't even detecting the cable is connected. Rebooted the phone and it seems to have fixed it. Googling around, is this common? Freaked me out when I had to leave for work but the phone was only around 40% :p.

A reboot has fixed charging issues 2 or 3 times for me in the past

Soldato
Yup. I thought it was a fault with my charger, but the Google guy just talked me through the reboot (with seemingly unnecessary bootloader redirection) and that sorted it. It's just a quick-charging software glitch, so no need to worry. :)

Common probably isn't the best description as I've only had it once, but seemingly plenty have had it since.

I've still not got Google assistant, everything is fully updated.

Anybody else not got it yet?
Most have, most likely you included. It's not a dedicated app, it's an update to the core Google App that includes it.

Soldato
Ah thanks, so if it happens again all I need to do is reboot. I haven't really found myself needing to reboot apart from the security updates.

I've still not got Google assistant, everything is fully updated.

Anybody else not got it yet?

Don't have it either. You could change the language to english US but from my experience with it on my Android wear watch I'm in no rush.

Soldato
Ah thanks, so if it happens again all I need to do is reboot. I haven't really found myself needing to reboot apart from the security updates.

Don't have it either. You could change the language to english US but from my experience with it on my Android wear watch I'm in no rush.

Tried that mate, no worky either

Associate
Anyone running the O Beta - the latest version is available to download and install. I didn't get any notifications that an update was available, only noticed when checking the system update bit, and it showed a 360MB (approx) update is available.

Can't really say I've noticed a massive difference, other than some of the app icons are now square instead of round (mainly the Google apps) and previously, I had the wifi icon always visible in notifications area even when wifi was off. It's now only visible when wifi is on, which is how it always used to be!

Back
Top Bottom