**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Downgrading to Nougat now. Just backed up all my stuff.

The Beta was making my phone unbearably slow. I went to take a photo today, double tap the power button, took the camera ages to load, and by the time the picture had actually taken, I was pointing at the floor again!

Soldato
Over the past weekend my super reliable 64gb 6P made me realise that the battery, despite being at 86% health reported by Accubattery - is infact quite knackered. I had a busy Saturday with an indian wedding and a birthday party in different places so the phone was naturally going to take a battering taking movies and pics by the ton. Had to charge the battery 3x times during the course of the day.

Granted I was using it a great deal but I've been down this road before and it survived on a single charge. It's still functioning fine, despite this I'm tempted to do a battery change as I can't move elsewhere due to the camera.

Some what similar situation to you. I'm aware this last month that perhaps the battery is getting a little old. There is also moments when the phone hangs, as well as the OK Google constantly turning itself on in silent rooms.

Funny how the 2 upgrade is coming and now the phone is showing it wants to be upgraded

Soldato
I would only use fast charge as and when you need for that very reason. Excess heat is never good for batteries. I usually slow charge on a 1A charger overnight.

I should have done that from the start really.

Too late now though! My battery isn't too bad though, it does occasionally go from ~20% ot 0% and turn off. Will see how it is now I've started fresh on it.

Soldato
It will be my last Nexus/pixel phone. Never again will i get a phone without a removable battery. My GS3 lasted years and years because i could put a new battery in it every 18 months or so.

Soldato
Anyone had their battery replaced by a shop on their 6p? My battery is getting worse, last night it went from 28% and just shut off. It's not always that bad but it's getting more and more frequent. I don't want to be in a situation where it dies when I need it.

So I want to replace the battery as I don't feel like replacing the phone just yet. Also anyone done it themselves? Just seen a video on how it's done and it doesn't look too bad, just a replacement lens cover as it will most likely break.

Soldato
Did you buy it from Google? If so get in touch with them. I had similar problem with mine and they sent me a refurbished (in my case brand new) 6P back a month or so back.
2 year warranty remember :)

Soldato
I've got no issues regarding early shut downs but my battery does seem knackered. Tempted to contact google and state I've got battery problems...or change the battery myself. Failing that, there is a place in my old town of Kingston, London that can do it for £80. https://repairaphone.co.uk/product/nexus-6p-battery-replacement-service/

Andy, if you've got your warranty still available, I'd advise contacting them asap tbh as the shutdown issue is a big nasty.

Soldato
Did you buy it from Google? If so get in touch with them. I had similar problem with mine and they sent me a refurbished (in my case brand new) 6P back a month or so back.
2 year warranty remember :)

It was from CPW. I think for the sake of £20 I'd rather just replace it myself than all the hassle of sending it away and being without a phone for a week!

Soldato
Battery being reported at 78% when it was 86% a week ago. Whilst these are estimates and hardly accurate it is enough to make me realise that my stock battery is hammered as I have to charge it multiple times a day and it is very quick to reach 100%. I've got a new battery and rear plastic + Camera lens covers arriving any day now. I've already removed the plastic rear cover just to get into practice, it wasn't hard at all.

Soldato
When the internets state the 6P is a PITA to open, they weren't kidding. Prying the rear case from the front panel was a nightmare and a half. Whole battery change process took just a shade over an hour.

I also took the opportunity to replace the rear bottom plastic piece and the camera glass. They weren't damaged during removal but I had spares so why not.

I have some tempered glass arriving tomorrow from Amazon, and some rear/side skins from XtremeSkins Uk at some point in the week. Phone is charging at present so I'll report on how things go later on.

The transplant donor
jXLyBjq.jpg

TOOLS!
tE6DPfU.jpg

Sorry about the shot, taken on a Moto G4. The battery finally off. Was concerned at one point as the sides of the old battery were quite bent after removal...Not ideal.
YQ3oZD6.jpg

Close up of tape - this stuff really does pack a lot of adhesion. Definately have some thin plastic cards handy!
FNak2Sd.jpg

Soldato
Last few months I've had terrible battery issues with my 6P, tried changing from stock to lineage a few weeks ago, but its not much better.

I have poor signal at home which doesn't help, but I struggle to get more than a usable 4/5 hours out of it.

Something seems to be keeping it awake, how would I check this? and is it likely that something else is causing it too?

I have also noticed that if I open any camera app with less than 30% battery it will immediately jump to 0% and power down. This doesn't happen with any other apps.

Cheers

Soldato
My battery is falling fast these days, really dont fancy trying to swap it though. Love the phone but never having one with a non-removable battery again.

Soldato
Try installing AccuBattery and see what it reports after a week or two. I've had it installed for about a month now and it's reporting my battery health as 65%, and it shows. I will be replacing mine soon, not looking forward to it though! Mine usually powers off around 26%, quite annoying.

Soldato
My newly replaced battery that is nearing a month old hovers between 99 - 101% on AccuBattery. No battery or shutdown issues so far, though I have had 3x companies who I've called saying that my voice seems very distant. Other folks who I've talked to say my voice is perfectly fine so I've not sure what to make of that just yet.

Back
Top Bottom