**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
Sadly I bought my Nexus 6P via Amazon.fr, they were offering the 64GB version for £400 at the time, so I snapped it up.

I too suffered the battery issue, but as I got it from Amazon, I had to go via the Huawei repair process. They have replaced my battery and I am tempted to sell it in order partially offset the purchase of potentially a Pixel 2 XL or some other purchase I might make soon.

What would be the best way to sell this? I see some recycling sites are offering £140 for the handset. Getting 35% of the initial value back is better than getting nothing if I just put it in a drawer. I worry that a private sale might not get that much more for the handset, considering the Pixel / Pixel 2 variants are now out and the associated hassle might not be worth it.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Desperately need to upgrade my Nexus 6P, battery shuts off at 30-40% and it's infuriating. No decent options though, eyeing up the oneplus 5..
Get that thing fixed as if you bought it this time last year then the warranty will be running out soon. If you didn't buy it from Google then get in touch with Huawei (which sounds like a relatively painless process surprisingly).

Soldato
Anyone gone through the process for huawei to replace faulty battery if it's under 2 years? Went on their chat and they kept just trying to get me to factory reset my phone.

Associate
Huawei have had my phone for over 3 weeks now to fix the early shutdown problem, it's still awaiting components despite the fact I was told I would have it back by Monday last week, terrible service. Just a heads up for anybody returning their's for a repair - be prepared for a long wait!

Soldato
So my phone has been with Huawei for a month now and I've still not had any info from them. Tracking the repair online tells me they're "awaiting component" - I spoke to a customer service rep and they told me that it means they're waiting for a part, but I'm a little concerned because it shouldn't take 3 months to get hold of a new one.

Anyone gone through the process for huawei to replace faulty battery if it's under 2 years? Went on their chat and they kept just trying to get me to factory reset my phone.

I actually sent my phone in to them back in July for a screen issue and battery - they fixed the battery but not the screen. I've still not had the phone back after I sent it to them a second time.

Associate
My battery has got worse over the last couple of weeks. Fortunately (for me!), Google will replace the phone despite me cancelling my replacement a few weeks ago. If it's replaced with a Pixel XL, I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my Pixel 2 XL order due to the reported screen issues, and keeping the Pixel XL until the new Pixel next year!

Soldato
Where would be the best place to sell a 6p? I've factory reset since Oreo and it's working perfectly now. Battery life is great since I returned it and got the refurbished one back. Condition is pretty much brand new. Do these phones go for any good money? I thinking of swapping to a pixel 1 or 2 for a smaller screen and bring easier to handled one handed

Associate
CEX are offering around £145 for "Grade A" devices. I had a quick look on ebay the other day, and buy it now prices were around the £200 mark (on average). Whether anyone is buying at that price I don't know.

Associate
My battery has got worse over the last couple of weeks. Fortunately (for me!), Google will replace the phone despite me cancelling my replacement a few weeks ago. If it's replaced with a Pixel XL, I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my Pixel 2 XL order due to the reported screen issues, and keeping the Pixel XL until the new Pixel next year!

So my replacement phone arrived today (less than 24 hour turnaround by Google), it's another 6P, not a Pixel XL as other have been getting (and I had hoped!). As I've mentioned previously, I'm guessing that Google still have 6P stock of the 32GB and none of the 64GB, hence 64GB owner have had theirs replaced by a Pixel XL.

Soldato
Has anyone had their phone back from Huawei yet? I've been chasing them weekly with regards to mine, as it's been over 3 months since I originally sent the phone in for repair (it came back to me unfixed, and I had to re send it in a month ago).

Is there much I can do at this point?

Soldato
So mine has started switching off at around 20% battery left. What can be done, ordered it directly from Google.
Few options I suppose.
1. Check how old it is, and contact google. Inform them of your issue and state that it is getting worse. Chances are they'll send off a Pixel to replace, as they're more or less out of the 6P stock they'd allocated for RMA's long ago. Use http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-query/ to see if you're in your warranty period still.

2. Obtain and change the battery yourself if you love the phone too much. I ended up doing this.

3. Find a shop that can do 6P battery repairs and get them to do it. Maybe you can reduce their fee's by supplying the battery yourself if you wish.

Soldato
Few options I suppose.
1. Check how old it is, and contact google. Inform them of your issue and state that it is getting worse. Chances are they'll send off a Pixel to replace, as they're more or less out of the 6P stock they'd allocated for RMA's long ago. Use http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-query/ to see if you're in your warranty period still.

2. Obtain and change the battery yourself if you love the phone too much. I ended up doing this.

3. Find a shop that can do 6P battery repairs and get them to do it. Maybe you can reduce their fee's by supplying the battery yourself if you wish.

Definitely still in warranty it was delivered to me in November 2015. Through that link it says 24.01.2018.

How do you get in touch with them via chat, I tap chat it then says phone only. Chat is always easier.

Associate
Definitely still in warranty it was delivered to me in November 2015. Through that link it says 24.01.2018.

How do you get in touch with them via chat, I tap chat it then says phone only. Chat is always easier.
I contacted Google via their support pages on a PC, then had a chat with them via that. Such an easy process if they agree to send you a new phone. Don't see why they wouldn't, as mine exhibited the same issue as yours and I received, what appears to be, a brand new 6P. Others here have received a Pixel XL instead, though I think that may depend on whether you have a 32GB or 64GB 6P.

Back
Top Bottom