**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
About 1 week before my warranty expired, I contacted Google to tell them about the battery issue. After about a 10 min chat, I was promised a refurbished 6P. I agreed and was sent the form to order the replacement. I then stupidly forgot about the form, so I'm thinking great, now I have to fork out for a new phone as the warranty is now up...

Fast forward 1 month: my phone is out of warranty, the battery is even worse, and is now turning off at 50% at times. I go to charge it, and it dies, stuck in a boot loop. Not a happy bunny. Before I start messing around with custom roms etc, I thought I'll contact Google and see what they say. A five minute chat and they've said they'll send me a brand new Pixel XL 32GB, which I received 23 hours later!

I've had the phone a week, it's very nice, but I miss the 6P's front facing speakers. Either way, to be given a £720 phone to replace my faulty, 1 month out of warranty, 6P is pretty damn good!

Soldato
Hi Amraam

Do you happen to know how you did this. I have been on online chat for 30 mins to a guy who refuses to accept my battery has severe drain and bootloop issues. Mine is also 1 month out of warranty but I did speak to them while it was in warranty but didn't get around to sorting out a replacement. I'm wondering how you managed it cos I am failing right now.

edit: Google deciding against me because it's 1 month out of warranty. No luck for me, again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well huawei saying they'll send off for repair and i asked if any cost and they said no so long as its not damaged, customised or water damaged. I'm good for all 3 so i really hope they can sort this out foc.

Soldato
Anyone have a company they can recommend to have the battery replaced? I'd rather not rely on review sites as who knows whether they've been doctored.

Mine is out of warranty and CPW refused to accept that it's a known issue and was faulty at the time of purchase (eventually I even tried using the Consumer Rights Act but they demanded written confirmation from Huawei). I'd previously tried Huawei themselves but they wanted proof of purchase to confirm that it was still in warranty.

I'm happy with the Mi A1 which might replace it but would prefer to keep the 6P too for the superior camera.

Soldato
Hi Amraam

Do you happen to know how you did this. I have been on online chat for 30 mins to a guy who refuses to accept my battery has severe drain and bootloop issues. Mine is also 1 month out of warranty but I did speak to them while it was in warranty but didn't get around to sorting out a replacement. I'm wondering how you managed it cos I am failing right now.

edit: Google deciding against me because it's 1 month out of warranty. No luck for me, again.
Honestly, I think it was purely luck. I was very surprised when they said they were going to give me a brand new pixel. I can only assume that it was because I reported the battery issue to them around the time they seemed to be actively doing something about it, around October. I was about to replace the battery on mine but then the next day the bootlooping started so I didn't order the new battery. Keep at them, the person in Google I was chatting to was called Jessie according to the chat.

I bought mine from Google, and have only ever dealt with Google for warranty claims. Guess I was just very lucky.

emu

emu

Associate
hi ive got one of these and the warranty runs out
  • Expected Expiry date: 2018-01-22
its started shutting down with low battery am i better off going through google or huawei?

Soldato
hi ive got one of these and the warranty runs out
  • Expected Expiry date: 2018-01-22
its started shutting down with low battery am i better off going through google or huawei?
Direct with Google if you bought from Google.

If you bought elsewhere then you'll probably have to go through Huawei.

Google's turnaround is quick (before the end of the year). Huawei's turnaround isn't quick (before the end of a year).

Soldato
If you're within 2yrs at google then use them but i was a month out of google purchase date warranty so going through huawei.

Got my rma form today so wiping device tomorrow and posting it off. Probably be months before i hear anything if ever.

I'm done with this phone. Such a shame as other than this battery and bootloop fiasco it's still solid phone.

Soldato
If you're within 2yrs at google then use them but i was a month out of google purchase date warranty so going through huawei.

Got my rma form today so wiping device tomorrow and posting it off. Probably be months before i hear anything if ever.

I'm done with this phone. Such a shame as other than this battery and bootloop fiasco it's still solid phone.
Huawei are accepting your phone despite it being out of warranty? (2 years or do you just get a year with Google?)

When I spoke to Huawei they wanted proof of purchase from CPW and stated if it was out of warranty then there would be a charge.

Soldato
Huawei are accepting your phone despite it being out of warranty? (2 years or do you just get a year with Google?)

When I spoke to Huawei they wanted proof of purchase from CPW and stated if it was out of warranty then there would be a charge.

I sincerely hope it is still repaired for free. Warranty or not the issue has been around for months.

The copy of my transcript with huawei doesn’t suggest it wasn’t going to be. If they reject or want payment then I shall go back to invoke Credit Card section 75. The phone should be working for more than 2 years. This is a known admitted fault so they should fix any time in warranty or not.

1. 14:46:24 - Matt said : can I give you the IMEI number to check if it's in warranty

2. 14:46:52 - Matt said : google says i purchased the phone on 16/11/15 but on the huawei website checker it says still in warranty until Jan 2018

3. 14:47:01 - Kevin said : sure thing

4. 14:48:29 - Matt said : **********

5. 14:48:52 - Kevin said : thank you

6. 14:49:03 - Kevin said : Expected Expiry date: 2018-01-25

7. 14:50:18 - Matt said : expected or definite? that is what I am concerned about

8. 14:50:50 - Matt said : i dont want to send the phone off and have a £200 repair bill when I can go and buy a new phone for a bit more.

9. 14:51:45 - Kevin said : If the handset

10. 14:51:50 - Kevin said : has not suffered any kind of external damage

11. 14:51:53 - Kevin said : liquid infiltration

12. 14:51:56 - Kevin said : or software customization

13. 14:51:59 - Kevin said : the repair will be free of cost

14. 14:52:34 - Matt said : not been damaged and no liquids, definitely not customised.

15. 14:52:44 - Kevin said : I understand

16. 14:52:53 - Kevin said : In order to book your device in for a repair we will need the following details:

Soldato
I sincerely hope it is still repaired for free. Warranty or not the issue has been around for months.

The copy of my transcript with huawei doesn’t suggest it wasn’t going to be. If they reject or want payment then I shall go back to invoke Credit Card section 75. The phone should be working for more than 2 years. This is a known admitted fault so they should fix any time in warranty or not.
  1. 14:46:24 - Matt said : can I give you the IMEI number to check if it's in warranty

2. 14:46:52 - Matt said : google says i purchased the phone on 16/11/15 but on the huawei website checker it says still in warranty until Jan 2018

3. 14:47:01 - Kevin said : sure thing

4. 14:48:29 - Matt said : **********

5. 14:48:52 - Kevin said : thank you

6. 14:49:03 - Kevin said : Expected Expiry date: 2018-01-25

7. 14:50:18 - Matt said : expected or definite? that is what I am concerned about

8. 14:50:50 - Matt said : i dont want to send the phone off and have a £200 repair bill when I can go and buy a new phone for a bit more.

9. 14:51:45 - Kevin said : If the handset

10. 14:51:50 - Kevin said : has not suffered any kind of external damage

11. 14:51:53 - Kevin said : liquid infiltration

12. 14:51:56 - Kevin said : or software customization

13. 14:51:59 - Kevin said : the repair will be free of cost

14. 14:52:34 - Matt said : not been damaged and no liquids, definitely not customised.

15. 14:52:44 - Kevin said : I understand

16. 14:52:53 - Kevin said : In order to book your device in for a repair we will need the following details:

Sounds like you're fine then. According to that, typically, my "expected warranty" expired 3 days ago, but I didn't know about it so I couldn't that info. The actual warranty should have ended on the 25th November though.

You're right that it's a known fault, but neither Huawei nor Google haven't publicly stated that. If they had I would have been able to take that evidence to Carphone Warehouse and used the Consumer Rights Act.

Soldato
Guys, honestly, try Google before Huawei. Mine was 1 month out of warranty (25 months old) when it failed. I contacted Google, and received a brand new Pixel XL 32GB 23 hours later completely FOC.

Back
Top Bottom